Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Some fun facts about Playoffs

• Please log in to reply
    12 replies to this topic

#1 NotreDameAlum

NotreDameAlum

Trainer

• Members
    • 149 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Fun Facts

Most Consecutive Semifinal Rounds
    Maryville- 17 (2000-16)
    CPA- 6 (2011-16)
    Alcoa- 4 (2013-16)
    Marion County- 3 (2014-16)
    Oakland- 3 (2014-16)
    Pearl Cohn- 3 (2014-16)
    Whitehaven- 3 (2014-16)

MOST PLAYOFF GAMES
    1. Maryville-136
    2. Brentwood Academy-127
    3. Milan-117
    4. Alcoa-114
    5. Trousdale County-104
    6. South Pittsburg-101
    7. Oak Ridge-96
    8. Riverdale-92
    9. Goodpasture-91
    10. Marion County-87
    11. White House- 85
    12. Germantown- 81
    13. Lipscomb Academy/David Lipscomb-80

MOST PLAYOFF WINS
    1. Maryville-115
    2. Alcoa-99
    2. Brentwood Academy-98
    4. Milan-82
    5. Trousdale County-77
    6. South Pittsburg-73
    7. Riverdale-67
    8. Oak Ridge- 65
    9. Goodpasture- 64
    10. Marion County-58
    11. Lipscomb Academy-57
    12. Germantown-53
    12. Fulton-53
    12. White House- 53
    15. Gallatin- 51

#2 NotreDameAlum

NotreDameAlum

Trainer

• Members
    • 149 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Good breakdown and predictions

http://www.tennessea...inals/94219262/

#3 Lost Old Dad

Lost Old Dad

Most Valuable Player

• CoachT+
    • 5,770 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

You might want to see how many consecutive semi final games R'dale went to in the early to 2000's. I am pretty sure I saw Oak Ridge 3 or 4 times in there.

#4 SweetScience

SweetScience

Hall of Famer

• Members
    • 14,896 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

You might want to see how many consecutive semi final games R'dale went to in the early to 2000's. I am pretty sure I saw Oak Ridge 3 or 4 times in there.

LOD we would've had 4 straight from 93-96, but we screwed around and lost to a much less talented Jefferson Co team in 1995 in the 2nd round. Still have a hard time fathoming how we lost that game with probably one of if not THE most talented teams ever in this part of the state. Bohanon (Alabama), Gipson (Florida), and Mcaddley (Alabama & a career in the NFL) were all on that team, not to mention about 5 other guys that signed D1 scholarships. Riverdale went to 3 semifinal games in a row from 93-95, and 6 in a row from 2000-2005, so ND needs to correct that.

Edited by SweetScience, 2 weeks ago.

Oak Ridge Wildcats Athletics: 42 State Championships

#5 SweetScience

SweetScience

Hall of Famer

• Members
    • 14,896 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Also OR has 67 playoff wins and 97 playoff games overall. I know I'm nit picky lol

#6 Lost Old Dad

Lost Old Dad

Most Valuable Player

• CoachT+
    • 5,770 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

LOD we would've had 4 straight from 93-96, but we screwed around and lost to a much less talented Jefferson Co team in 1995 in the 2nd round. Still have a hard time fathoming how we lost that game with probably one of if not THE most talented teams ever in this part of the state. Bohanon (Alabama), Gipson (Florida), and Mcaddley (Alabama & a career in the NFL) were all on that team, not to mention about 5 other guys that signed D1 scholarships. Riverdale went to 3 semifinal games in a row from 93-95, and 6 in a row from 2000-2005, so ND needs to correct that.

Only reason I know about the 2000-2005 run was I was at every one of them.  It was at one of them at Oak Ridge that me and my Parents met Bounder.  He spoiled me and my Mom with his RIBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 SweetScience

SweetScience

Hall of Famer

• Members
    • 14,896 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Only reason I know about the 2000-2005 run was I was at every one of them.  It was at one of them at Oak Ridge that me and my Parents met Bounder.  He spoiled me and my Mom with his RIBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss those old Riverdale/OR classic games. Great rivalry for awhile. Lots of great players involved in those games.

#8 Lost Old Dad

Lost Old Dad

Most Valuable Player

• CoachT+
    • 5,770 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

So do I.  There is nothing here in the mid state like the Oak Ridge players coming down the steps to the train whistle back ground.

#9 SweetScience

SweetScience

Hall of Famer

• Members
    • 14,896 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

So do I.  There is nothing here in the mid state like the Oak Ridge players coming down the steps to the train whistle back ground.

I have lots of memories of them steps as a young kid patting our players on the shoulder pads coming down them to walking down them as a player. Shawn Summers once said it was a bigger thrill for him doing that then running through the T @ UT.

#10 eers

eers

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,682 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Looks like all the consecutive are current...

Spirit Style Chooser: