2018 Rankings

GCPioneer

Disregard this list. It is strictly a promotion for kids who are in a certain program, play for a certain coach and is a somewhat pay to play system of attending NEB tournaments and camps. There are as many as 10-12 ommsions in each class that could be substituted and replace kids that are on the list. Not the fault of any kids listed or not listed - just a money making scheme for those involved.

I am not familiar with these lists from this organization so I was surprised about the 2019 list. Some guy named Thepinkpanther seems to think the lists and rankings are on the money? I don't know enough of the kids to form that opinion but I do know some D2A sophomores that made it and after seeing them several times I was very surprised.

Needless to say that guy had his jimmies rustled over me being surprised at the rankings. Lol

Maybe he's part of the group who puts it together?

I know, have seen, or have coached against alot of these kids on this list and I can honestly say that it's a list promoting the Flight program heavily. Nothing against the kids,but half the kids on each list is in the Flight organization.

Would the list make more sense if they took out all of the Flight players?

The only name that has been thrown out there in this forum that has a serious case of being on this list is the Kaia Upton kid from East Nashville, and maybe Deja Graves from Westview.

Edited by GCPioneer

I am not familiar with these lists from this organization so I was surprised about the 2019 list. Some guy named Thepinkpanther seems to think the lists and rankings are on the money? I don't know enough of the kids to form that opinion but I do know some D2A sophomores that made it and after seeing them several times I was very surprised.

Needless to say that guy had his jimmies rustled over me being surprised at the rankings. Lol

Maybe he's part of the group who puts it together?

No, I'm not part of the group that helped put these list together. And I never said the rankings are "on the money". I could name several girls that most likely would be on the list if they had been evaluated this past summer. Or maybe they had an off day & didn't play well when they got evaluated. I didn't attempt to claim that the list was 100% accurate (No list is) plus it is based on a committee's opinion. However, when you said you were surprised that Collier was on the list and didn't realize she was a top 25 Sophomore in the State of TN, it seemed to me like you were putting her down. If you have seen her play and compare her to the other 2019's in TN then, you were either trying to put her down Or you have no clue when it comes to evaluating talent.

Disregard this list. It is strictly a promotion for kids who are in a certain program, play for a certain coach and is a somewhat pay to play system of attending NEB tournaments and camps. There are as many as 10-12 ommsions in each class that could be substituted and replace kids that are on the list. Not the fault of any kids listed or not listed - just a money making scheme for those involved.

Ridiculous, no where near correct. Chatthoops is right. If the parents have the money to have their kids on these teams they make the list. SMH!! Ridiculous that parents buy into this crap. You should make some kind of list for what these parents have to pay. Oh yea I know what that list it is. It's the SUCKER list. Go Bears!!!

No, I'm not part of the group that helped put these list together. And I never said the rankings are "on the money". I could name several girls that most likely would be on the list if they had been evaluated this past summer. Or maybe they had an off day & didn't play well when they got evaluated. I didn't attempt to claim that the list was 100% accurate (No list is) plus it is based on a committee's opinion. However, when you said you were surprised that Collier was on the list and didn't realize she was a top 25 Sophomore in the State of TN, it seemed to me like you were putting her down. If you have seen her play and compare her to the other 2019's in TN then, you were either trying to put her down Or you have no clue when it comes to evaluating talent.

Ok right. I have seen plenty of kids and it did surprise me she was ranked 12th. How is that "putting her down"? Good grief.

There are several college players that I coached that would disagree with you suggesting I don't know talent.

The list has been explained to me now. Carry on the fight to legitimize it with someone else.

Would the list make more sense if they took out all of the Flight players?

The only name that has been thrown out there in this forum that has a serious case of being on this list is the Kaia Upton kid from East Nashville, and maybe Deja Graves from Westview.

It would not make more sense without the Flight kids. That is not what anyone is saying, I don't think. Everyone knows there are several high caliber kids in that program. However, to insinuate that those two were the only ones that would have made the list is beyond naive. There are a LOTTTTT of kids in the state of Tennessee that still haven't sold out to the Flight banner that could have. Believe that as fact. 

Sold out being key phrase. You don't make any of the list without paying through the nose.

MM- You are exactly right. Certain programs and "scouting services" that charge these kids tons of money is what has given AAU/ Exposure ball such a bad name. For many years, the programs we have offered are funded through hard work (car washes, hosting tournaments) by the kids, but NOT asking parents to write a check. I feel bad when I see these kids paying sometimes $1000's and then attending so many "exposure" camps so they can be "ranked." Trust me, College Coaches NEVER look at these so called lists and services.

Ok... so here's the reality of things...

No high school player in the Flight program paid a dime to play on the team they played on last year. It is an unpaid privieledge to play in the Flight program, that's a fact.

No player paid a dime to be on a list, that's fact.

Tennessee Flight won three Nike National Championships before this service originated (might I add that the Flight is the only program in the country with multiple EYBL championships). To say that this list is a promotion of purely Flight kids is absolutely false. Winning championships and consistently getting kids to the highest level possible is enough promotion of the program...

There are a lot of Flight kids, but also kids from multiple other programs on this list as well.

So far, there's been a lot of complaining, but yet no one has mentioned names of other players that have been left off. Kaia Upton is the only name mentioned so far that has a legitimate complaint.

Edited by GCPioneer