TREZEVANT VS. MARION II THE BRAWL FOR THE GOLD BALL

SERPENTOR

Botched punt, Zemen's injury (imagine #4, 5, or 14 for T being carted off), and the 4th down try from their own 15 equaled 15 for Trez. Marion had two killer drives. They put one more together in the 4th and it's a tie game.

With that being said it really makes Mathis look bad for going for that 4th down.

Now General, you said Marion County would dominant this game. I tried to tell you boys the last three years. Marion County would represent the east and probably take home the silver each time.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the circumstances. The guy took exception the the term dominant. So I changed the wording. It doesn't change the facts however, 22 unanswered is 22 unanswered. 

Well, those types of calls always do, if they don't succeed. However, at the time, he thought it was necessary. It was as desperate as it looked.

That's the word that everyone is looking for...desperate. Not stupid under the circumstances, just necessary to stay in the game after Zeman was carried off. If Marion completes the pass for a new set of downs, I don't think it changes one thing from that point forward, but the coach knew that he had to score on that possession. Saw the same thing at Dresden/Wayne County game...not nearly as risky as 4'th down deep in your own territory, but the same thought process. WC attempted one "pooch" and two onside kickoffs in order to possess the ball and keep Dresden's offense off the field. WC could score now and then, but couldn't stop the Dresden O from scoring on every possession. Marion County's coaches thought that they could score more points before the game was over, but knew that they couldn't score enough to match Trez.