Farragut VS Independence 5A State Title Game

SweetScience

We shall see. I'm not ready to hand the gold ball over to Indy just yet. Hope their players are as confident as you are. :thumb:

Oh not at all as anything can happen on a Friday night

They (Indy) learned about being overconfident in the 4th quarter versus Cane Ridge

These kids won 29 in a row - they are playing for each other , so they will be ready ....

A dual threat passer and runner has given Indy issues last 2 games....

All I was stating is Indy has faced a much tougher schedule and I don't think FHS has seen the likes of this offense featuring 2 sophomores at wideout one already committed to UT and other getting offers plus the RB/TE/WR Landon Guidry Miss St Rebel that creates mismatches

Oh not at all as anything can happen on a Friday night

They (Indy) learned about being overconfident in the 4th quarter versus Cane Ridge

These kids won 29 in a row - they are playing for each other , so they will be ready ....

A dual threat passer and runner has given Indy issues last 2 games....

All I was stating is Indy has faced a much tougher schedule and I don't think FHS has seen the likes of this offense featuring 2 sophomores at wideout one already committed to UT and other getting offers plus the RB/TE/WR Landon Guidry Miss St Rebel that creates mismatches

Yes you're right about the tougher schedule. Unfortunately, us teams in the East in 5A just can't help that. We play the teams we are dealt. It's unfortunate, but right now 5A in the East with the exception of a few teams just aren't that great. Middle TN has much better parody as far as that's concerned. If I was going with my head I agree that Indy is just on another level, but my heart is wanting the local underdog to pull it out.

I'm gonna go against the grain here and pick Farragut in a "slight" upset. Indy is still very good and a 29 game winning streak speaks for itself, but they've been dancing with the devil these last couple of games. Almost collapsed entirely vs. Cane Ridge last week and then needed a valiant comeback of their own last night. 

I take it you have not seen Indy with this statement

I take it you didnt read my post very closely, I said "if its close at halftime" I believe Farragut could win based on how they have adjusted and played in the second half against the "weak" 5A teams from the East.

I haven't had the opportunity to watch Indy this season but saw the championship game last year. They were very talented, well coached and completly dominate. If this years team is as talented as last years then this game will not be close at halftime, but if not and Farragut's hanging around at the half, then Indy is in for a ballgame. Make no mistake, Farragut will come in with a good game plan but if Indy is as dominate as you say it won't matter. We will see. Hope both teams come away injury free and congrats to both for making it to the title game.

GO ADMIRALS!!!

Yes you're right about the tougher schedule. Unfortunately, us teams in the East in 5A just can't help that. We play the teams we are dealt. It's unfortunate, but right now 5A in the East with the exception of a few teams just aren't that great. Middle TN has much better parody as far as that's concerned. If I was going with my head I agree that Indy is just on another level, but my heart is wanting the local underdog to pull it out.

I agree with you and although I do think Indy is that much better I do think they can be beat as I am worried about them on the defensive side of the ball

Will say both 5a and 6a should be fun to watch

Just my opinion, and not taking anything away from a good young South-Doyle team, but Farragut has already played what any reasonable observer would conclude to be de facto championship games against two top-notch, physical and talented teams in Rhea County and Ooltewah during the playoffs. I can't imagine the Admirals could be prepared any better than that for this final game.

If Indy is that much better than those two outstanding programs this year, then they deserve to be champions.

Predictions aside, the Admirals will come to play.

Edited by Former44

Just my opinion, and not taking anything away from a good young South-Doyle team, but Farragut has already played what any reasonable observer would conclude to be de facto championship games against two top-notch, physical and talented teams in Rhea County and Ooltewah during the playoffs. I can't imagine the Admirals could be prepared any better than that for this final game.

If Indy is that much better than those two outstanding programs this year, then they deserve to be champions.

Predictions aside, the Admirals will come to play.

No way Rhea or Owls could beat Gallatin , Hilsboro or Cane Ridge

Edited by NotreDameAlum