Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

South Side at Haywood

• Please log in to reply
    19 replies to this topic

#1 dmm88

dmm88

Competitor

• Members
    • 379 posts

Posted A week ago

Top 5 matchup in the Jackson Sun Dirty Dozen. Two of the top 10 teams in the state in AA IMO. Packed house expected and two of the best players in our area with Quanardra Miller from South Side and Jamirah Shutes from Haywood. Would be a great game for college coaches to watch Friday night. Lots of talent will be on the floor. Who wins????

#2 RealisticFan45

RealisticFan45

Competitor

• Members
    • 275 posts

Posted A week ago

Cant determine the regular season by what happened in the summer where SS dominated Haywood at Bethel camp. Keep in mind Shutes wasnt healthy and the it wasnt a Friday night with the lights on in Haywood gym! The question is can Haywood handle the SS defense and can SS capitalize on the turnover they create.

#3 coachsc1985

coachsc1985

Competitor

• Members
    • 301 posts

Posted A week ago

SS wins unless they give the game away like last year, they game away twice last year. Hopefully, they can find a way to pull it out.

SS-64
    Haywood-50

#4 RealisticFan45

RealisticFan45

Competitor

• Members
    • 275 posts

Posted A week ago

Any buzz on this game? If i remember correctly last year both games were as good as any boys game. Shutes can flat out ball and SS has stellar defense. Well worth the price of admission!

#5 thenewguy85

thenewguy85

Trainer

• Members
    • 160 posts

Posted A week ago

As long as SS don't get nervous and give the game away like they did last year they should win easily, too much for Haywood

#6 RealisticFan45

RealisticFan45

Competitor

• Members
    • 275 posts

Posted A week ago

Watched Haywood last night vs Memphis Central who got off to a slow start. Shutes is playing 1 vs 5. Haywood did not look good at all. Again, like I stated in an earlier post, it's not Friday night in Haywood's gym either. Hurry Friday I'm ready for this matchup that Jackson Sun did not have as a top 15 game this year

#7 BooYah3x

BooYah3x

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 22 posts

Posted A week ago

Watched Haywood last night vs Memphis Central who got off to a slow start. Shutes is playing 1 vs 5. Haywood did not look good at all. Again, like I stated in an earlier post, it's not Friday night in Haywood's gym either. Hurry Friday I'm ready for this matchup that Jackson Sun did not have as a top 15 game this year

Haywood not as good as people say!!! Shutes is all they have...

#8 cradle2thegravelakersfan

cradle2thegravelakersfan

Manager

• Members
    • 25 posts

Posted A week ago

I think SS wins this one. Shutes is 85% of Haywood's offense. SS won't stop Shutes, but they'll contain her enough to get a comfortable victory.

#9 thenewguy85

thenewguy85

Trainer

• Members
    • 160 posts

Posted A week ago

SS better not not let her go Kobe Bryant in the 4th quarter. Because that's exactly what she did last year both games. I think SS wins but I don't know if they can score enough points to put the game out of reach for shutes

#10 RealisticFan45

RealisticFan45

Competitor

• Members
    • 275 posts

Posted A week ago

SS better not not let her go Kobe Bryant in the 4th quarter. Because that's exactly what she did last year both games. I think SS wins but I don't know if they can score enough points to put the game out of reach for shutes

So, at best shes had 35 or 40 this year. You think SS cant score more than 40 points against them? Looking at unapproved website, Miller for SS is averaging like 25ppg and they have a senior post player that IMO no one I saw on Haywood team Tuesday night will be able to stop

Spirit Style Chooser: