Hampton 2017

uknoit2

Glad its going well and I hear the #s are fairly good.Hope these kids can enjoy the success their working for. Either way they are learning some GREAT life lessons. 

Glad you are able to post now that they got their kinks worked out of the system.

Numbers are staying pretty good still.

I'm glad 'little filled us in so we know It's more than just throwing weight...It's much hand-eye coordination, hand placement and so on...May sound strange to some, but it's also learning how to run, step, make cuts and so on.

When we said this training would be multi-layered and tailored to position, it's appears that's what's going on.

I'd imagine coaches are pleased now and will be extremely happy when they see these young men in a few weeks.

There's still time for others to get involved...Can't  use other sports as an excuse not to work when this training goes on 6-7 days a week and will make them better in the other sports they play (or set on the pine and watch played)...Even a day or two of additional work is huge 

It would be terrible to suffer an injury during practice of game after all the work is put in...but as you said, the life long lessons are what's important here.

Edited by uknoit2

In these small, county schools you have some kids that will work hard but wont have the size and/or skill to play a lot of FB...Then you have the ones with some size/skill that know they'll likely play but refuse to work...Never realizing how good they could be and limiting the team at the same time.

Guess which ones have the brighter future? 

Congratulations to Adam McClain WJHL player of the year

CONGRATS to Adam for sure! 

Hope to watch him play at the next level

That's back-to-back player of the year awards for Hampton....It's not because TV-11 has a soft spot for Hampton either LOL.

That's a sweet accomplishment and I hope future DOGS will do the work needed to keep HHS in the spotlight 

Edited by uknoit2

Well I worked with Russell on posture and footwork most of the day and throwing machanics and threw alittle bit at the end of the day.. working on different in game situations to mess with his mind

On the other end there were explosion and footwork drills, ladders, cones, pads, thrown out everywhere... threw tennis balls to receivers and running backs to work on focus and catching the ball..

It was a GREAT DAY!.. I hope more of the young men realize what they have in front of them and come put the extra effort in to come get better and be dominant...cause I know these participating now will..

Won't do any good sitting at home or finding excuses to get out of working.. I want a taste at Cookeville.. it may be an impossible task to some.. but these boys want it too..

"Just loading the wagon" -- Pujo

:thumb: