Hampton 2017

uknoit2

I like what I'm hearing it takes all the above.

If you don't start attempting to change the culture, it will NEVER change....Small steps

We'll start out with a few, then hopefully it will grow...There was and will always be the naysayers...There was with mine, but they were and will be proven wrong....You either work your tail off while the others rest or get left behind.

Is this the Timmy program that wants kids to pay 5 bucks per day we are speaking of..I was told lifting starts dec.5

Lifting with the coach's program starts in December...This is above and beyond that but works in conjunction with it.

And let me add this, kids are not being asked to pay $5...There was an announced meeting with the parents explaining this program and the benefits of parents investing in this...And if they can't invest but their player wants to work, costs are taken care of...It's 1000% player/team focused 

Edited by uknoit2

Not the way it's been so far....Been a good turnout.

Mine bought in years ago and done well...Prepared him well I might add.

It's what you gotta be able to do to play with the MC's in high school and make it the first few weeks in college.

If only the three or four make it through, you'll be able to tell who they are on the field. 

BTW, Timmy is sending yours and mine the workout they requested...I'm sure they'll go by it and will be beasts with speed by spring 

Glad to hear our 2 are getting the program, and yes they will go the extra mile. Hope the kids at Hampton buy in. My guess is you will have 5 or 6.  As you said ,it will show as time goes on. Glad no one can use the money thing as an excuse and all can attend. Good luck.

I think we counted 12 there tonight.

And majority will be players and they're all working hard.

It's grueling!

Months ago I asked Timmy to do the program with my kid and a couple other parents wanted in....We decided to open it up for all.

Wouldn't think of asking a man to use his spare time, away from his family, for nothing!

A parent investing in a kid will make sure they're there to work!

There's a couple that want the extra work and truly can't invest in it...There's a path for them.

These workouts are done in groups and customized for position...so a QB isn't doing the same workout as a lineman and so on.

There will be incentives for these to meet individual and group goals...It's structured right

Edited by uknoit2

You guys seem to be doing all the right things. This program you're talking about is a great idea. Not only the kids have to buy into it but the parents do as well for it to be successful. Ever since last season when we were kinda on a collision course for the semis I kept up with your program and did the same this year. I believe you guys will do great things in the future. I'm a Hampton fan!! (Unless you're playing MC) lol

I think we counted 12 there tonight.

And majority will be players and they're all working hard.

It's grueling!

Months ago I asked Timmy to do the program with my kid and a couple other parents wanted in....We decided to open it up for all.

Wouldn't think of asking a man to use his spare time, away from his family, for nothing!

A parent investing in a kid will make sure they're there to work!

There's a couple that want the extra work and truly can't invest in it...There's a path for them.

These workouts are done in groups and customized for position...so a QB isn't doing the same workout as a lineman and so on.

There will be incentives for these to meet individual and group goals...It's structured right

12 Is a good #, Hopefully more will follow. 

I'm with you, pujo. Not because its Hampton but cloudland as well. Most choose not to work hard. In all those years around the good lander teams, there were only a handful of hard workers

Its a short list at both schools. I,m talking going above and beyond what the coaches expect. Most don,t do anything if they play another sport during that stretch. You have all the mandated off weeks and summer really gets um. What I consider a hard worker is a kid who works year around regardless. Its a very few who can make that claim. I,ll say this about Michael,he will be very strict and he knows what the kids need to do. I,m not sure the kids will be able to really do another workout after they leave his session. It will take a highly motivated kid with strong support from parents.

Ah, they'll be able to do the other workout after his session.

Many have, this is nothing new...After workout/practice was over, ours were still at it...And they carried a 4.0 with the toughest of college courses.

Able will not be the problem, drive and desire will be....It's what separates the good programs from the power houses.

They will either choose to work harder or they'll go home to plop down in front of the TV or XBox.

In these small schools, too many think they'll play no matter what they do or don't do because of the lack of capable bodies.

The "who else will they play?" attitude has to become a thing of the past....Would sure be nice to have the "next man up".

I like what I'm seeing and hearing right now...The numbers are good and stand to get better as others see improvements in those going the extra.

I agree it's usually just a few that will do the extra work and all the rest will ride the coat tail, but any positive change in the culture is a step in the right direction....We have the coaches and trainers, we'll see how many will follow.