District 11AA

Fan15

Agree with you THESTUFF the TSSAA is about as twisted as most of their cant pass the open book test Basketball Officials. They take nothing into consideration they just do what they want think about it if they want to go see a game all expenses are paid through our money that they rape from fans players and schools through the years I call it THE OBAMA EFFECT

Region 6AA Tournament

11AA #1 CreekWood v. 12AA #4 Marshall Co.

11AA #2 Lewis Co. v. 12AA #3 Page

11AA #3 East Hickman @ 12AA #2 Giles Co.

11AA #4 Stewart Co. @ 12AA #1 CPA

All first round games played at higher seed on February 24th, 7:00 tip offs on all games.

Bracket is nearly entirely the same as last year (only exception being that Marshall is the #4 going to Creek Wood, whereas last year it was Cascade).

Edited by ptguard12

All quiet in this thread. My predictions:

Creek Wood wins at home. Game could be close because Marshall County has decent size and athleticism. Creek Wood can shoot the ball very well, and plays solid defense. If they can turn Marshall County over they could win by 20.

If Lewis County plays like they did in the district championship game they lose, plain and simple. I have not thought they were as good as their record nor good enough to be ranked in the top ten. Their strength of schedule was weak. I do like them playing at home, but last Saturday they looked very bad against Creek Wood. I am going to be cautious and say LC wins by 10 at best, but would not be surprised to see them lose at home.

East Hickman travelling to Giles County has a chance. Giles County has a good record, but looking at their scores they may not be playing extremely well. East Hickman has a couple of players that can really affect a game if they stay out of foul trouble. If there is a chance for 11AA to get a second win in the regionals and it isnt Lewis County, I could see East winning this game.

CPA beats Stewart County, and it could get bad. Would not be the least bit surprised to see CPA win by 30. Traditionally they are strong, and their play over the last couple of weeks shows they are ready for the tournament.

Lewis County fell short tonight with an upsetting loss. Someone needs to get better refs for a regional game, I think their glasses were fogged up the whole game. I really enjoyed watching the game since I haven't been able to attend many since I work at night. Not sure if #13 is a senior or not but she Played a great game from beginning to end. I'm sure if anyone gets all region from Lewis County it will be her. Tough loss Lady Panthers!

Looks like Page went into Lewis Co. and dominated the game.

Lewis County fell short tonight with an upsetting loss. Someone needs to get better refs for a regional game, I think their glasses were fogged up the whole game. I really enjoyed watching the game since I haven't been able to attend many since I work at night. Not sure if #13 is a senior or not but she Played a great game from beginning to end. I'm sure if anyone gets all region from Lewis County it will be her. Tough loss Lady Panthers!

I thought it might happen. The Lewis County team I watched play Creek Wood in the district championship looked really, really bad. Turnovers, little defense and little rebounding. They looked like a selfish group against Creek Wood, and I was hoping to get a serious, professional assessment about the game (TheStuff)???? I can't handle those that want to blame the officials for a double-digit loss. TheStuff was obviously from LC, and I appreciated his/her updates. Guess with them out you wont see them any more, lol.

I made comments about #13 earlier in the year. i got to see her play against Waverly and Camden in the regular season, and both district tournament games. She was the most well rounded player on the team in the games, if not on the floor. Did she get injured at some point? I was shocked she didn't make all district for the season. 

Did I read somewhere that LC was breaking a school record for wins? Did they? Or were they expecting to play further into the regional tournament?

I thought it might happen. The Lewis County team I watched play Creek Wood in the district championship looked really, really bad. Turnovers, little defense and little rebounding. They looked like a selfish group against Creek Wood, and I was hoping to get a serious, professional assessment about the game (TheStuff)???? I can't handle those that want to blame the officials for a double-digit loss. TheStuff was obviously from LC, and I appreciated his/her updates. Guess with them out you wont see them any more, lol.

I made comments about #13 earlier in the year. i got to see her play against Waverly and Camden in the regular season, and both district tournament games. She was the most well rounded player on the team in the games, if not on the floor. Did she get injured at some point? I was shocked she didn't make all district for the season. 

Did I read somewhere that LC was breaking a school record for wins? Did they? Or were they expecting to play further into the regional tournament?

You are correct, I am from Lewis County. And, not gonna lie, was not ready to see the season end in the first round of the region tournament. LC returned almost the entire team from 2015-16, having no seniors last year and the lone loss being the transfer. CPA ended the LC season last year in the semis of the region, so expectations were to return. 

Page played extremely well, knocked down open shots, finished at the rim, rebounded exceptionally well, and took advantage of the foul situation by hitting a high percentage of free throws. They also played very physical defense and gave up no easy baskets. They played to win the game. And their guard that scored 29 was almost perfect at the line (11-12 I think) and when she wanted to get to the rim she was not being stopped. She was a special player on the night.

I know there have been comments about the officials, and while they were not very good at all, among some of the worst I have seen all season, they were bad all night all over the floor. The were very bad at being in proper position to make calls, and seemed like they had never worked together with each other. Positioning was very bad, as the lead official would have something happen or not happen right in front of him and the trail official would whistle from 60-90 feet away. I have coached some in the last 15 years, and I would not say the officiating "cost" a game when you miss so many open shots and shoot so poorly from the free throw line. Officials don't miss shots, don't fail to box out, don't turn the ball over, so I never get into officials costing games. Could the officiating have been better, I am quite sure coaches and fans from both schools would agree and say yes. The high foul total on LC in both halves, especially compared to Page, did affect personnel on the floor.

11AAFan, thanks for the comments about #13. She was a solid player all year long and is an 11th grader. She will be back. Not real sure how the All-District went down, but I do think she was third on the team in scoring and was a really good rebounder. She is smooth, plays hard on both ends, and could be special as the lone senior next year. I am not aware of any injury, but she was important to the team every night. If she wasn't scoring on a night, she helped in so many other ways on the floor.

Looks like 11AA i done on the girls side, CPA/Giles will be a good final.