District 7A

Shozen

Jackson owns Clay County when they play @ Jackson County. This is the first of many years J.C. has took the lesser team and beat Clay. Tyreke is a nice player but he doesn't want to be the man when the game is close. Should be an interesting district and for sure region tourney.

Clay will win the district tourney easily. They underestimated JC for the 2nd year in a row. This has been their only district loss for two years now. JC shot lights out from the 3 and Clay went cold in the 2nd half. No loss is a good loss but this game literally has zero barring on how the district tourney will shake out.

Region championship will stay the same as before it will be CC and Goodpasture in the championship which should be a good game.

Clay had a 21 point win tonight over a good Van Buren and likely sub state team.

Edited by Shozen

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clay will win the district tourney easily. They underestimated JC for the 2nd year in a row. This has been their only district loss for two years now. JC shot lights out from the 3 and Clay went cold in the 2nd half. No loss is a good loss but this game literally has zero barring on how the district tourney will shake out.

Region championship will stay the same as before it will be CC and Goodpasture in the championship which should be a good game.

Clay had a 21 point win tonight over a good Van Buren and likely sub state team.

No argument here. I think clay and goodpasture are best two teams in region. Personally think clay has best player but goodpasture probably the better team. I do believe that whoever the two teams are that advance from 4a region will probably both make it to state. Think team from west wins state but I will be pulling for our local teams.

No argument here. I think clay and goodpasture are best two teams in region. Personally think clay has best player but goodpasture probably the better team. I do believe that whoever the two teams are that advance from 4a region will probably both make it to state. Think team from west wins state but I will be pulling for our local teams.

I agree whomever loses in the region championship will likely travel to Van Buren or CSAS. Clay has already beat both by 20+ both games and Goodpasture would likely do the same so I agree Region 4A likely has two teams in the glass house this year.

Edited by Shozen

If Clay county plays the rest of the season like they did tonight against VB, they will be a tough out. Key got his points and then the rest of the guys got hot in the 2nd half. Haven't seen GP play, but on paper it looks to be a good game brewing if they meet Clay in the region championships. Hopefully Van Buren will get their injured starter back and be fortunate enough to host the Sub State again. As we have seen before, anything can happen in March.