my take on the 6A blue cross game

fredjones

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My qwesshun iz....Why did # 7 knott git enny offencive tuchess unteal tha end...???....Eye'll hang upp and lissun.... :popcorneater:

He actually had 3 touches in the first half but I believe that messed up by not having an end of game Wildcat package for him... They ran the bootleg at the end of the with their semi-athletic QB and picked up between 3-5 yards a pop. Imagine had they let Stevens run that play... Their Best player, 4 Star commit could have possibly broke it to put us down 16-0 in the 4th virtually sealing a victory for them. Glad Creasy didn't have the thought...

Next Caller

From the post about the commentators and this thread post I need to watch this game on TV

I finally saw the broadcast... It was as bad as they were saying... J'Len Smith #1 DE/OLB, the guy that had the game clinching fumble recovery, has like a 4.0 GPA and is committed to AIR FORCE and barely got any "spotlight" type recognition. I understand he didn't make more plays than our Big Freshman LB #20 but the total lack of mention showed me that they didn't do any research outside of our Mr. Football Finalists (Aubrey Miller #22 and Special K Watkins #11)... I mean they barely did research on #22.. He's Verbally Committed to Missouri but they failed to mention that only saying he's getting SEC looks and offers... They kept saying that both thems had to beat the teams that they couldn't beat the year before to make it to state implying we beat Ravenwood... NO, We beat Cordova who beat Ravenwood... The big Lineman commentator dude didn't realize that we had actually won the State before! I was utterly Appalled at this!!! If I hadn't just bought my phone I would have thrown it... Then they said we made it to State in 2003, ONG all of the misinformation was mind blowing... 2011 was our first appearance in the State Title game in the Modern Era! TSSAA/Blue Cross Bowl, please start having a 3 man team to do Shelby Co. (former MEMPHIS CITY SCHOOLS) GAMES in the State Finals. Call John Varlas or Leroy Watson ONLY for the Memphis Schools. The lack of knowledge and professionalism of the Middle and East commentators makes people NOT want to BUY copies. I KNOW THAT'S a REVENUE STREAM! Don't believe me if you want to. I'm a Consultant and trying to help you make more money TSSAA. I know TSSAA likes Mo'Money! Those two commentators were WACK and didn't KNOW ish about Whitehaven. I, for one, didn't appreciate it. (puts away soapbox)  

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

people are on emotional tracks.

There is the emotional track of fear and then the one where you focus on what is going well. You create social capital when you live in the latter

You guys won another gold ball - have a great school with a great leader who values education and sports and fights for his students day in and day out. So much to be proud of

I sometimes wish you would highlight what is right and realize when you feel slighted or whatever you feel then lash out at people it's not about the other person it's about you

And when you walk down that road there is not much going well for you.

I finally saw the broadcast... It was as bad as they were saying... J'Len Smith #1 DE/OLB, the guy that had the game clinching fumble recovery, has like a 4.0 GPA and is committed to AIR FORCE and barely got any "spotlight" type recognition. I understand he didn't make more plays than out Big Freshman LB #20 but the total lack of mention showed me that they didn't do any research outside of our Mr. Football Finalists (Aubrey Miller #22 and Special K Watkins #11)... I mean they barely did research on #22.. He's Verbally Committed to Missouri but they failed to mention that only saying he's getting SEC looks and offers... They kept saying that both thems had to beat the teams that they couldn't beat the year before to make it to state implying we beat Ravenwood... NO, We beat Cordova who beat Ravenwood... The big Lineman commentator dude didn't realize that we had actually won the State before! I was utterly Appalled at this!!! If I hadn't just bought my phone I would have thrown it... Then they said we made it to State in 2003, ONG all of the misinformation was mind blowing... 2011 was our first appearance in the State Title game in the Modern Era! TSSAA/Blue Cross Bowl, please start having a 3 man team to do Shelby Co. (former MEMPHIS CITY SCHOOLS) GAMES in the State Finals. Call John Varlas or Leroy Watson ONLY for the Memphis Schools. The lack of knowledge and professionalism of the Middle and East commentators makes people NOT want to BUY copies. I KNOW THAT'S a REVENUE STREAM! Don't believe me if you want to. I'm a Consultant and trying to help you make more money TSSAA. I know TSSAA likes Mo'Money! Those two commentators were WACK and didn't KNOW ish about Whitehaven. I, for one, didn't appreciate it. (puts away soapbox)

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

There is the emotional track of fear and then the one where you focus on what is going well. You create social capital when you live in the latter

You guys won another gold ball - have a great school with a great leader who values education and sports and fights for his students day in and day out. So much to be proud of

I sometimes wish you would highlight what is right and realize when you feel slighted or whatever you feel then lash out at people it's not about the other person it's about you

How about people do us right

Yeah, but Baylorbigdog, BHS makes a lot of salient points. The broadcast team did very little homework, if any. The ex O-lineman commentator just downright got a lot of stuff wrong.

However, I'm not knowledgeable about other programs around the state that played in championship games on that week-end, but I feel confident in saying this ... Whitehaven probably wasn't the only team that they bungled information about during the broadcasts.

Someone should be responsible for doing the research on each and every team that is going to participate in a championship game and then have that information in some form that the commentators could use. 

It just seems to me that a better production job should have been done. They had almost a week to prepare 8 games. To do research on 16 schools shouldn't be that difficult. Most of this could have been done with a simple phone call or two to each school.

I agree was a little hard to watch pretty embarrassing but I just don't like where he goes with things sometimes but that's his business -he shut down that thread - it was about to go down hill and I thought it was the right thing to do.

I can deal with 20 pages of back and forth football smack talk but not that again for 20 pages. Coach t let's things roll a bit and I enjoy that but I knew when he posted that the thread was about done.

Hey better to be still talking and debating than not right ?? Ha - congrats again to you guys. Good feeling to be a fan of the school and win again. Two in a row for us hasn't happened in a long while . 'My gut tells me Ensworth is due again but we shall see.

Not sure what you guys have coming back but sure you will just reload

Yeah, but Baylorbigdog, BHS makes a lot of salient points. The broadcast team did very little homework, if any. The ex O-lineman commentator just downright got a lot of stuff wrong.

However, I'm not knowledgeable about other programs around the state that played in championship games on that week-end, but I feel confident in saying this ... Whitehaven probably wasn't the only team that they bungled information about during the broadcasts.

Someone should be responsible for doing the research on each and every team that is going to participate in a championship game and then have that information in some form that the commentators could use.

It just seems to me that a better production job should have been done. They had almost a week to prepare 8 games. To do research on 16 schools shouldn't be that difficult. Most of this could have been done with a simple phone call or two to each school.