White House Heritage vs White House- 9AA

NeWbLuE

What a great atmosphere this game had last night !! Pretty much a PACKED gym.....

Heritage looked like some seniors and juniors, strength and grittiness..... A couple hard fouls and dirty plays here and there , but that is what a rivalry is all about......

As for the game, this White House team confuses me......Heritage is what they are.... The inconsistency of the Blue Devils is astounding.....I guess when 4 sophomores play most of the minutes and game that can be an issue.....All in all I really enjoyed the atmosphere and game... I will say I feel the Patriots are what they are, The blue devils if don't go mental or "shut down" so to speak.... Still a very dangerous basketball team as they figure it out...... Until next time city of White House- that was a great sporting event......TRUTH

• Upvote 1

Cleggy - nice call on the score , and believe the three you mentioned all double digit scoring ....

Great atmosphere last night ..... I got to say it just kept feeling like everyone in the gym was just waiting for White House to get a few turnovers and start hitting 3's and make game close or take the lead .... seemed everyone thought that but white house's players ..... a team that can shoot the 3 ball like they actually can ..... looked defeated with about 6 minutes or so in a TEN point ball game shows to me youth , inexperience , and lack of leadership on the court ....

Been watching these players for a while, and their assistant coach from back when coaches middle school , great game for the patriots ... but no one should be writing off the Devils for 1 game in December ....

Side note : the streak continues I am pretty sure the visiting team has now won this rivalry game 6 straight times ...

I am not sure who said that the press was in effective, but they are wrong ., heritage had 23 turnovers unless that is their average which I doubt . Press was effective and sped up the patriots . Devils just didn't capitalize on the turnovers . heritage doesn't like pressure that was evident . All honesty patriots did not win that game the devils lost that game . A huge difference ..

I am not sure who said that the press was in effective, but they are wrong ., heritage had 23 turnovers unless that is their average which I doubt . Press was effective and sped up the patriots . Devils just didn't capitalize on the turnovers . heritage doesn't like pressure that was evident . All honesty patriots did not win that game the devils lost that game . A huge difference ..

Why all the hate on the Patriots because they can also play a lot better and will as time goes on.

Edited by dalton11
  • Upvote 1

a team that can shoot the 3 ball like they actually can ..... looked defeated with about 6 minutes or so in a TEN point ball game shows to me youth , inexperience , and lack of leadership on the court ....

First of all GREAT ATMOSPHERE for a high school game. I'm glad the teams got to experience that feeling. They both played their hearts out for their fans.

I had a feeling that experience would play a part in the win for Heritage .

White House actually shot the 3 fairly well last night, what 9 3's. To Heritages 4.

Like I said, shooting the 3 is only a portion of the game...rebounding hurt WH.

Agreed WH is young and will continue to improve and learn from each game. That said, I believe Heritage will only continue to improve as well...its still early in the year.

Over all great game and was competitive, I was pleased with the outcome. I believe that may well be a preview of the district championship.

Best of luck for the rest of the season, stay healthy.

Lets see I watched heritage their defense is weak . Only reason you don't give up many points is csuse you hold it so long on offense . It was so boring to watch . You say heritage has speed where . Heritage will look like snails compared to whst the blue devils have been playing . Pressure and pace makes this game . Devils won't allow them to hold the ball and truth be told devils will be shooting lay ups and wide open 3's . I have been waiting for this team to put a game together . 84-65 devils

First post..... First off I dont know what team you have been watching but Heritage has a great defense and it showed on Tuesday. They out preformed WH on the run and gun and rebounds. Great game by both teams, I have known most of the boys on both teams all their lives. WH is a young team and will be very strong in the next few years. That being said heritage is a power house this year and next.

Why all the hate on the Patriots because they can also play a lot better and will as time goes on.

When looking back and at history of Petroni heritage teams , they have stayed pretty much the same .... maybe be different this time around because feel this is their year with those 8th graders who won county championship finally being seniors ! I always pull for both White House teams unless facing each other....

First post..... First off I dont know what team you have been watching but Heritage has a great defense and it showed on Tuesday. They out preformed WH on the run and gun and rebounds. Great game by both teams, I have known most of the boys on both teams all their lives. WH is a young team and will be very strong in the next few years. That being said heritage is a power house this year and next.

Welcome to the CoachT !!

I will agree this year is heritage year and powerhouse might be a strong word .... but I don't see it for next year with them losing Desmarais (spelling ?) and Upton .... they make them

Chug ....not sure what grade 11 is in but they also losing strong ball handler in 0 as well ... but I don't like to speak On next year .... but White House is playing 4 sophomores and 2 freshmen a lot of minutes .... Found out the big freshmen from White House was injured in JV game and why he didn't play ...

I would agree heritage did shoot many lay ups against White House press but heritage had to have 20+ turnovers the Devils just couldn't turn them into points .... might be something for the patriots to be wary of moving forward ....

But as many have said would love to see an all White House district championship because that atmosphere was great !!!

When looking back and at history of Petroni heritage teams , they have stayed pretty much the same .... maybe be different this time around because feel this is their year with those 8th graders who won county championship finally being seniors ! I always pull for both White House teams unless facing each other....

I agree and also pull for both teams when not playing each other. Good post buledievlpdrie.

White House will be better in a couple of months.  Those early season beat downs provide experience.  Something they sorely need.  Another bright spot is that the Devils will have a transfer available shortly.  Flip the script, he is transferring TO White House FROM Heritage.  He is a senior and about 6'4".  Maybe he helps 'em out.  I was very impressed with the spunk and determination of the Webster kid, a freshman.  Although he had to eat leather a couple of times, if he hits a growth spurt- watch out. Seems like it was yesterday that he was the little kid with the flame head gassing the big boys up.  His dad is a White House legend and 6'8" maybe.  This kid is going to be the real deal.  Too bad he transferred from Heritage a couple of years ago.  There's my props to the Blue Devil faithful.