FORREST ROCKETS 2017

GeneralForrest

Don't have a lot at this time. Just wanted to get it started. If you know the schedule throw it up here. I know they are Region 5- 2A. 7 teams total I think.

Region 5
Columbia Academy (Columbia, TN)
Community High School (Unionville, TN)
Eagleville High School (Eagleville, TN)
Forrest High School (Chapel Hill, TN)
Lewis Co. High School (Hohenwald, TN)
Loretto High School (Loretto, TN)
Summertown High School (Summertown, TN)

That means come playoff time they will be matched against Region 6.

Region 6
Decatur Co. Riverside High School (Decaturville, TN)
East Hickman High School (Lyles, TN)
Hickman Co. High School (Centerville, TN)
Houston Co. High School (Erin, TN)
Scotts Hill High School (Reagan, TN)
Waverly Central High School (Waverly, TN)

Forrest and Lewis Co would seem to be the best of R5. 

Waverly and Scotts Hill in R6. 

I'm counting 6 region games which means Forrest needs 4 other games. If someone knows what they are chime in..

Thanks.  

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have your coaches call and come to Marion next year during the season. They are having trouble with the schedule.

It's amazing how that happens isn't it? A few years ago people were beating down the doors to play Marion County. Same thing with SP. Everyone wanted to play after 2013. Try and get those same teams to play again for 2017-2018? Nope, that's not happening. LMBO

HUNTLAND 8.19.16

RANDOM GAME THOUGHTS:

- Forrest offense took 1/2 a quarter to hit "unstoppable" mode. Credit Huntland's toughness for that. They fight as hard as any team on Forrest's schedule.

- Huntland lacks depth, but that's not a 1A issue. 3 years ago they were loaded. Whoever made the 1A comment is an asinine human being. What;s the diff in overall enrollment between the 2 schools, 20 kids? Dumb.

- #1 was good for about 15 min of gametime. He has a fat line to fall thru and half the time it seemed like he was falling for 5 yards. Luke Turner of Watertown was much more impressive. #1 also quit when it was 14-0. He didn't play a snap in the 4th. 

- Forrest backups played most of the second half when ti was 28-0. They actually defeated Huntland's varsity 7-0. 

- Forrest's passing game is the best it's been in at least 3 years. 

- #8 was easily the best player on the field. 

- Some of Forrest's best players are freshman and sophomores. 

MOORE CO 8.26.16

I heard Moore Co didn't even have an offensive possession. They mustve seen the writing on the wall.  Glad everyone was ok. 

that's what I was told. Forrest scored on a handful of plays on the opening drive, then lightning delay. after a lot of waiting, Forrest kids came out and said game over, both coaches agreed. 7-0 final.

I was also told the Forrest offense vs the Moore Co defense resembled a Toro Timecutter going thru a field of weeds. 

Moore Co coach looks awful for "not knowing" the rule. Lame excuse. I'm not saying I wouldn't be upset if I were a fan on the Moore Co side.  But either go back to Chapel Hill Saturday or don't. Forrest played at Moore Co the last 2 years.  

The rule says what WIP stated, but it also says if both sides agree to the score as is that's the final. The Moore Co coach agreed and is now saying he didn't know the rule. It just looks ridiculous.   

Also the author of the column is coming off more then a little preachy here. "More than likely" to use his language, the final would have been in the 70-0 range. I was told Moore Co looked like a middle school team. 

I do get it. I'm not saying it's not an understandable mistake. But dude read the rule book if you're gonna do this thing. Now he looks worse.    

The longer the Moore Co coach uses the "I didn't know the rule and no one explained it to me" defense the worse it looks. That's absolutely NO ONE'S fault but his. 

The Moore Co coach was undercut by his own director of schools then whined to an over-eager columnist looking for a headline. Period. 

WESTMORELAND 9.2.16

I have a different take.

Forrest was dominant. In fact I've never seen a game that was officially decided by one point be more lopsided in my life.

I first want to give Westy credit. They made 2 nice plays for scores in the game. On those 2 plays, they deserve props for a job well done- minus the block in the back on the second TD, but I don't want to get ahead of myself here.

Aside from that, that's the closest they are gonna get to sniffing victory this year outside beating Eagleville, Community, and Cascade.

Now. There's been some chatter about the refs in this game. Before I write my take, I want to make it clear, I know it's a small world in Mid TN TSSAA refs/coaches/etc. These coaches and refs all know each other on a first name basis. So there's a limit to which they can be "real" about what's happening. I'd say Forrest powers that be were in stunned silence for the most part during this debacle.

I do not have such limitations. Thank goodness.

I'll list what happened:

- #21 breaks about a 45 yard run down the left side, to the 5 or so. Called back. Flag was late at best.

- #8 breaks a 55 yard run, also left, for a TD. Called back. Not sure the infraction was even stated.

- #25 hit the corner, also left side, and was GONE. There wasn't an Eagle within 15 yards of him. THAT flag absolutely came as he was finishing the run. I think that was about a 70 yard run.

- #8 catches a key 3rd and long pass for 20 or so yards. Flag was more late than an expectant mother.

- Westy's first TD "drive"- kid is running down the left sideline and fumbles the ball in stride. He was at around midfield when the ball flew out, and landed IN the field of play. Rolled to about the 35. Forrest recovers so Forrest ball at the 35 right? Wrong. Kid is found to have stepped out of bounds BEFORE the fumble. Terrible call. What made it criminal was that they gave Westy the ball at the spot where Forrest recovered! Either he was out and the ball is at midfield, or its Forrest's ball on the 35. The refs managed to concoct their own supernatural result of giving Westy the ball at the 35, thus negating the "out of bounds" that they claimed allowed Westy to retain possession in the first place.

- #17 is wide open past mid field for a long pass-  as the ball floats into his arms, an Eagle collides with him so loudly the sound echoed. No flag.

- On Westy's last score, #17 had an angle to catch the kid short of the goal line. He is literally shoved in the back by a Westy kid. Wasn't more than 2 feet from the ref. No call.

- Also before Westy's last score, they had called timeout and it was 4th down. Their kids were cramping left and right and it seemed like every other play a Westy kid was hobbling off the field with assistance.  So they were trying to buy as much time as they could. All of a sudden a Golden Retreiver is set loose on the field. I'm not joking. The dog ran around for 5 minutes while the refs looked bewildered and some children tried to catch it. Should have been a disruption penalty. Next play Westy scores on the uncalled block in the back TD.

- Westy is back to punt in the 4th, and it's a bad snap. Punter (poor kid) freezes then decides to run up the gut, and almost gets decapitated. But it was clean. Refs throw a flag but without an infraction. After another "dumb and dumber" conference, they give a 15 yard penalty. Problem is, it was 4th and 20. The refs tried as hard as they could to give Westy a first down and possession, but they couldn't find a way to cheat on that one. Forrest ball.

This game and atmosphere reminded me of the chase scene in Porky's where the kids are high tailing it in their pickups with the cops chasing them. Westmoreland definitely gives Huntland a run for the "Middle Earth/Everyone's got a single eyeball/mutant" award. I think Forrest people were just happy to get out of there alive.

The referees should not work another game this season. It was nothing short of malpractice what occurred. Worse, after each late flag there was a conference to "shrug and look dumbfounded at each other". Those guys were clueless and only their arrogance exceeded their complete haplessness.

Forrest fans were livid, and rightly so.  I listed about 180 yards of offense and 2 scores as well as other potential points that were erased by these "penalties", and the idea that some infraction allowed the scores is laughable. It was the opposite. The refs took over the game and that's actually offensive to these kids on both sides.  Let them play. Please. Instead, Forrest got tentative in every way, which I will expand on in a second.

Had the officials done their job, the final would have been in the 41-0 range.

#8 was still the best player on the field by a mile. He was a terror the last series, wreaking havoc and getting 2 sacks.  #6 , #21, #25, #17, and #18 also had good games.  #7 saved his best throw for last, hitting #22 on a heroic play that set up the last score. #86 was immortal with his kicking. #4's "almost" pick six turned the game around from the bad reffing. Even the refs couldn't "find" an infraction on that play.

My lone criticism of the Rockets is that they let a terrible atmosphere get in their heads a little. There was some sideline sniping that was internal. Forrest stopped doing what they do best and that's pound the darn football. There was one particular call on the last Forrest offensive series that was a real head-scratcher. A pass into heavy traffic with a little over 2 min remaining. It fell incomplete and stopped the clock at a time where Forrest needed a run play that would perhaps result in a TD and keep the clock rolling. Our staff is incredible but they're still human.

Forrest needed to hold onto the ball better and they will get that corrected.  All in all, it's still a win. That shows tremendous heart to overcome such a keystone cop "officiating crew".

Bring on Page.