FORREST ROCKETS 2017

GeneralForrest

PAGE 9.9.16

from what i was told, a dominant performance in which

- #8 made a catch in double coverage where a flag was thrown for DPI and he still caught the ball. That kept a drive going that resulted in the 3rd TD

- Forrest pushed Page all over the field on both sides of the ball. 

- A freshman RB for Forrest might have been the second best player on the field. 

- A senior DB, I believe #18, had TWO picks that prevented TD's by Page. If that's not who it was someone please correct me. I don't know all the kids/numbers. 

I wasn't at the game, and I was going to be humble because King came on here humble. However, when I saw Rathbone just basically saying Page gave the game away, I mean that guy is delusional. His team was soft up front on both sides and he's lucky he had a QB who could make something out of nothing because from what I was told th eForrest D Line was in his grill all night. 

Apparently Page had at least one stud receiver but obviously #18 had something to say about that. If it wasn't #18, again, my apologies.  

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WATERTOWN 9.30.16

This was billed as the game of the year in Region 4, so it deserves an epilogue. 

Since I did not attend, I can only summarize several phone conversations from over the weekend. 

- Watertown brought a huge crowd of old and young. I was told it was one of the more impressive visitor crowds they had ever seen. Loud too. 

- The first Watertown drive was alarmingly easy. 5-6 plays and a score. The Love kid running amok looking like he might be unstoppable, and #11 looking even better than he did a year ago. The Air Force commit looked 7 feet tall. 

- Forrest answered immediately which was huge. 7-7 early.

- But Forrest falls in a hole with a 3 and out and a turnover, and before you know it, it's 21-7.

- The pass that put Forrest ahead was called one of the more exciting plays you will see. 

- Forrest #8, #6, and #21 made the plays that mattered when they mattered. 

- Game ends with a monster Forrest drive that basically took 2/3 of the entire 4th quarter, had zero pass attempts, was close to 20 plays. Unstoppable.

In summary, for the 2nd straight Watertown starts quickly but gets physically dominated to finish the game.

- Last year Forrest finished the game with a 20-0 run.

- This year they finished the game with a 28-7 run.

Every person I spoke to with no exception said Watertown's defense was gassed beyond belief on the last drive. Cries of "uncle" could be heard emanating from the purple sideline. 

This is what Forrest does, has done, and will continue to do. I'm not certain how many more times Watertown's program needs to experience this from Forrest to become believers.

I salute the classy posts from Tiger fans. You have an extremely strong program. Best of luck the remainder of the year. I hope you found The Rock to be a fun place to watch a game. 

It's also good to see that the kid who got injured is going to be ok.   

I do have a question. Is there ANY way to see this game online anywhere? I want to see for myself.  

JACKSON CO 10.28.16

I'd like to start by thanking Watertown for defeating Westmoreland, which saved me from the unenviable task of consuming a live possum on Coach T via Skype. I owe you one Purple Tigers. 

Lots of driving...for those of you who don't know I care for an elderly relative in Elizabethton. Somehow convinced a friend to make the trip with me. We stayed in Cookeville and drove back to Carter Co Sat am. 

- Congrats to JC. They came out prepared and did some things that seemed to catch Forrest off guard especially with their offense. 

- Forrest O line got whipped. They are younger and have perhaps overachieved until Fri. JC was in the backfield all night. 

- #6 did not play and I am not sure why. I hope he is not injured. They could have used him. I'm not blaming his absence for the loss BTW. 

- JC did not dominate the entire first half. The first quarter was a stalemate. JC dominated the 2nd Q and Forrest dominated the 3rd Q even more.  

- The difference was JC's QB. He was quick as a cat and his run on what was I believe a third and long  at the start of the 4th Q won the game for JC. Forrest had a 4th and short and elected to punt mid 4th. It's too easy to second guess coaches from the stands. They did what they felt was right at the time.

- Forrest still had their chances. Used a timeout to begin their final drive that they probably could have used as the last couple of minutes were unwinding. Instead they took a shot at the endzone and it was picked off. It looked similar to the play that #7 hit #8 with that set them up in the Page game to go up 21-7. The JC kid made a play.

- Someone made a melodramatic deal over the coaching. As far as I'm concerned Forrest looked like they made great adjustments in the second half. JC did virtually nothing minus the one long run by the QB. JC's kids only needed to make a couple of plays to pull this one out, and they did that. Coach Johns has repeated as Region Champ after losing a Mr Football last year and an outstanding Class of 2016. In my view the Class of 2017 has been equally excellent, and this year has been a huge success win or lose this Friday. 

- There was one stretch where a penalty was called every play for 7-8 plays. Other than that refs were fine.

Summary- sometimes it's not your night. I was proud of the Rockets for their 3rd Q emotion and comeback. JC deserved the victory, they played to win and I tip my cap.

The parking lot resembled the Chocolate Hills in the Philippines, but other than that nice folks. 

I have no knowledge of Meigs, but they will have a very tough out in JC.     

TYNER ACADEMY 11.4.16

Bass is like Nostradamus with his "the team that doesnt fumble will win" type predictions. 

I wasnt there. But was told by some folks who are too old to even boot up a computer that:

• Forrest looked dominant for a quarter, then Tyner made some adjustments. One big pass got them in position for their only 1st half score.  
  • Second half Tyner controlled field position. Got stuff once inside Forrest's 5. Tyner's second TD actually helped Forrest with field position. 
  • So Forrest converts a 4th down with a slant that gets tipped, and they smash their way to their last TD. 
  • Tyner was a bad matchup for Forrest speed wise. Forrest struggled to get to the edge all night. 

From what I hear Tyner had a rather small showing fan wise, and a wild band. I hope they enjoyed their visit to The Rock.  

Well Forrest had 2 picks and a fumble of their own that cost them a possession with a less than ideal punt. Neither team played their best. Forrest made a play with the tipped pass then "rammed" it home for the win. Forrest threw one of the pics on 1st down when the run was working. Forrest should have scored 35 points. Anyone can play coulda shoudla woulda   

Edited by GeneralAmerigha

MEIGS CO 11.11.16

Made the 5 hr trip on a last second audible personally. Dragged a friend. I am hurting today physically and don't know how much energy I will have, but I do have thoughts on the game:

Coach Johns, in one year, has cemented himself as the best coach in Forrest history with regards to results. 

- Meigs #1 was the best back Forrest has seen all year. Inarguable. 
- Forrest looks gimpy and banged up as a team. Don't know official injury report, but they just look tired. If there is any chance they could focus on lifting and not hitting this week, might be a good idea. 
- #7 makes throws when it counts. Period. #8 again was a man amongst boys. 
- Forrest controlled field position in the second half of this game, unlike the Tyner game. 
- Salem on here is a great poster. Very good analysis. 
- The TD catch that won the game was a jump ball between 3 kids. The Forrest kid won and outwrestled the Meigs kid on the ground for the TD.  
- The trick play from Meigs kept them in the game. WTH was that. 
- The game got very ugly at the end and I'm going to discuss that. 

- Here's what happened. #22 intercepted the ball. He ran a few yards, I'm not sure if he got out of the endzone or not, and he got gang tackled. Fine. Game over. But Meigs kids kept jumping on, and they were practically performing surgery on the Forrest kid. Punches, kicks, etc. Disturbing to say the least. 

- Kids on either side are lining up to shake hands when all of a sudden the Meigs kids fall out of line and are progressing towards the Rocket sideline more like a pack. Above this you can hear the Meigs  headcoach screaming things like "You all didn't win, the refs gave you the game...hope you enjoy it, you didn't earn it.." He was screaming this at children. He was screaming this at students, players, and the Forrest coaches. We knew it was him because his hynea high pitch voice could be heard thruout the entire game. 

- Forrest coaches yelled back some, but basically let that redneck hang himself with his own stupidity. What an embarrassment. 

- No Forrest players were addressing Meigs fans. That would never be allowed. 

- Meigs players continued to menacingly "float" near Forrest students, fans, players who were praying. Flexing and acting like they wanted to fight. 

- I've never seen anything like it. This rains from the top down folks. When the head man is allowed to display such asinine, immature behavior, there's no mystery as to why the kids were doing it. 

There is one reason Meigs was acting psycho- they thought they had the game won with 3 min left on the 4th down fail by Forrest. Period. Well they didn't. 

I know the TSSAA is a joke and will review nothing. Forrest had several kids injured on the final play.  Apparently eye gouging, kidney kicking, scratching (that's right we had Meigs kids clawing bare skin on our kids) are also well taught in Decatur.

I'm back in Carter Co and I've got too much personal stuff going on to make the Marion game. I do want to congratulate Forrest on 11 wins, Final 8, both school records, as well as staying classy in the face of borderline criminal behavior the likes of which this old man has not witnessed on a football field. 

The other Forrest fans on here are showing incredible restraint, as they know every syllable I am writing is correct. 

So much for "Meigs wins this one"     

Coach Johns, in one year, has cemented himself as the best coach in Forrest history with regards to results. 

This was one sided and it's egregious to pretend otherwise. Why would Forrest be upset. We won. This was a temper tantrum by Meigs head coach and his kids followed suit. Keep coming back with this two sided crap and I will keep responding.  

I wasn't on the field either I would have gotten my butt kicked. We could hear it in the stands. Give me a break. Anything from Forrest was in response to...the eye gouging and scratches, it was unbelievable. #22 could have been really really hurt (it looked like a WWE battle royale or a gang initiation) and the refs were sprinting off the field.  

again it was in retaliation. What was he supposed to do, offer a bouquet of flowers. You know I respect you CPT

I say dont start it, which Forrest kids did not, but do not back down either.

Meigs tried trashing The Rock after losing. That is unacceptable on any level.

Good riddance and good riddance from Forrest's quadrant next year. 

somehow this was a pushoff on #8 right 

https://pbs.twimg.co...AXEET.jpg:large

give me a break 

wow dude/mother of kid/head coach- you need to avoid posting when inebriated 

officially i do not acknowledge that any Forrest kid acted out of line, as I did not see it. I reported what I saw and heard. 

sleep it off..

the pic actually did tell the story. Wild clearly has the ball as he is falling backwards. Inarguable 

and the meigs coach clearly is a psychopath. we all saw these things folks. he had an eye twitching and bulging out and looking in its own direction. one eye.  it was creepy.

i think we should go back and rescind the win. and flog the Forrest kids midfield for an hour. take our region title. and the moore co win. and spray paint our own fieldhouse and blame it on marion 

Edited by GeneralAmerigha