Whitehaven Football 2017

Haven04

Sutton's inability to coach makes that game nothing more than a money grab that plays no dividends come playoff Time. Time to play a big division school in the tri-state area, specifically MS. But AR would not be a bad bet or someone from West TN with a nice fan base. I'd rather roll back to St.Louis

We take the money grabs. (Are you kidding me?) However, I beg to differ on the benefit. Ridgeway runs one of the best offenses in the City. They mix up the run and the pass very well. They also develop QBs better then most. It does our defense aND offense well to have to face a team with that amount of size on the O-line/D-line, and that kind of balanced offense.

Oh no ... that is a game we defiantly should keep.

Besides, as of next season, we are going to need every game we can get against a quality opponent.

Edited by kwc

We take the money grabs. (Are you kidding me?) However, I beg to differ on the benefit. Ridgeway runs one of the best offenses in the City. They mix up the run and the pass very well. They also develop QBs better then most. It does our defense well to have to face a team with that amount of size on the O-line, and that kind of balanced offense.

Oh no ... that is a game we defiantly should keep.

Besides, as of next season, we are going to need every game we can get against a quality opponent.

Dude can't coach you out of one of these...

DSCF5026.JPG?1458213603

He's not beat us in a while. That is true. I think he has gagged late in the playoffs as well. However, the benefits outway his lack of success in big games.

Again ... we support each other.

The benefits are MONETARY I agree but unless Sutton gets out of his way or put some folks on the staff that really know how to coach in pressure situations I'd rather see us play a team like Independence  or something

The benefits are MONETARY I agree but unless Sutton gets out of his way or put some folks on the staff that really know how to coach in pressure situations I'd rather see us play a team like Independence or something

Like I said. WE support each other. Make a payday. Play a quality team. We still have two slots open. Put Indy in one of those. But, don't get rid of the Ridgeway game.

You feel me?

Or is this going over your head? Think community!

Edited by kwc

This is true. We will have the size. Will they be dawgs is the real question.

The next big question will be, who will play QB.

That will be the biggest question. Along with, who will be are other LBs to play alongside #20.

Now that I think about it, Deniro and Jabril will have to be replaced as well. However, we are pretty deep in the defensive backfield. That group will be fighting to see who gets on the field.

This will be interesting.

#20 is a VERY impressive young man. I would say he has a BIG TIME future ahead of him. Congratulations on the championship this year. Good luck in 2017

I am off coach f for the year - I've enjoyed all of the back and forth - like the sheep dog and wolf cartoon of old - when they check in they go at it when they check out they are friends.

I am happy you guys won - enjoy your class on here and wish you guys the best for a repeat. I enjoy havengrad too. Bhs not so much sometimes but I respect he speaks his mind and is who he is.

Anyways- until next year I'm out -

Like I said. WE support each other. Make a payday. Play a quality team. We still have two slots open. Put Indy in one of those. But, don't get rid of the Ridgeway game.

You feel me?

Or is this going over your head? Think community!

#20 is a VERY impressive young man. I would say he has a BIG TIME future ahead of him. Congratulations on the championship this year. Good luck in 2017

Yeah, we are glad he is a Whitehaven Tiger. You better believe, there were a LOT of D2 schools after him when he was in middle school.

The sky is the limit with him.

I am off coach f for the year - I've enjoyed all of the back and forth - like the sheep dog and wolf cartoon of old - when they check in they go at it when they check out they are friends.

I am happy you guys won - enjoy your class on here and wish you guys the best for a repeat. I enjoy havengrad too. Bhs not so much sometimes but I respect he speaks his mind and is who he is.

Anyways- until next year I'm out -

It's always good to converse with you BBD. Until next season then.

Well, as dannyq said in another thread, we lose all 11 starters on 'O' and 7 starters on 'D'. We definitely have a lot of positions to fill. Fortunately, we have a lot of folks who played in support roles, who did see PT throughout the season. Those will be the ones who have to step up.

Just think though ... #50, Taylor Walton was a four year starter at DL/OL ... with his emphasis being on the O-line this year. #4, Shabar Wilson was also a four year starter on the DL/FB position, with he emphasis being on the D-line this year. #5, Jabril Malone was a four year starter at the safety position ... with him missing the majority of the regular season because of a knee injury he sustained at a summer camp.

However, the whole O-line was experienced with  #64, Anthony Geter, #72, William Whitfield, & #58 Darek Jackson all being starters from the past two years and #71 being a senior with a lot of playing experience under his belt.  Five experienced WR are leaving as well ... #2, Makerion Johnson, #9, Kenneth Garrett, #12, Kadedrick Richardson, #14, William Jackson, & #17, Jeremy Williams. We lose two QBs in #3, Austin Harris & #8, Lesley Mosby. Last but not least we lose 2 year starter at RB, a 2016 Mr. Football finalist for Back, #11, Kylan Watkins.

On defense we lose #1, DE, J'Len Smith, #28, MLB, Vontavious Thacker, #22, OLB and the 6A Mr. Football lineman winner in Aubrey Miller, #6, CB, Deniro Tillman. All of those guys were at least 2 years starters. 

So ... now it begins. Finding out who is going to step up and fill those positions. We have talent. Will they have the same work ethic as their predecessors. 

I'm not concerned about the coaching staff. We have one of the best in TN high school football.

So ... it's next man up. Who's going to rise to the occasion?

Edited by kwc