Who will be the next HC at David Crockett

Pioneer88

From what I could tell Bosken worked harder than any coach in this area on getting his players attention from the next level. Crockett has more kids playing college ball or at least getting attention from colleges than anyone; and it's not because of the overwhelming talent at DC, that comes from a coach busting his tail for his players.

Bosken may have done a good job of trying to get his players attention from schools but I seriously seriously doubt Crockett has more kids playing college ball than Science Hill or DB. SH, the last 3-4 years especially, has an awful lot of kids currently playing college football on scholarship. Edited by WBNC83

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea it's not but I think it's very possible I mean look at the Conference now no clearly dominate team since Mo West is gone unless Mo East go back to what they were in the mid 00s. Why do you think Boone will be middle of the pack? I think Jenkins does one the best jobs around here getting the most out of his talent and they won't back down from anyone I like that

I totally agree about Jenkins.     I was just going by Boone's record as of late, a couple of really good years here and there but otherwise close to .500

Year Record

2016 5-6

2015 1-9

2014 4-6

2013 5-5

2012 8-3

2011 5-6

2010 9-3

2009 10-3

2008 5-5

2007 5-5

2006 7-4

2005 9-3

2004 5-5

2003 4-6

2002 5-6

2001 4-6

2000 4-6

Edited by blazer1set

SSHS yea that def another plus about him he makes sure if the kid wants to play at the next level he's gonna work his butt off to find some where they have the opportunity to do that. The only negative he's not the best people person. In his time he's had 13 kids sign at the next level. His time at SH he helped some kids get to the next level.

Edited by Coach423T

I totally agree about Jenkins. I was just going by Boone's record as of late, a couple of really good years here and there but otherwise close to .500

Year Record

2016 5-6

2015 1-9

2014 4-6

2013 5-5

2012 8-3

2011 5-6

2010 9-3

2009 10-3

2008 5-5

2007 5-5

2006 7-4

2005 9-3

2004 5-5

2003 4-6

2002 5-6

2001 4-6

2000 4-6

I feel ya but you gotta think of the talent level he's had to work with. When he's had a talented group like Sky Hicks group Camron Jarrett Kevin Connell they had pretty good years. Boone seems to always have good lineman and a few skill players and it's the opposite at Crockett. I just love how his team's are always physical and never back down from a team.

They're not going to get anyone who can get them to that next level until they upgrade their facilities and make their coaching staff a priority. Look at the reasons which led to Bosken leaving. They are the very same reasons that will keep a top-notch coach from going there.

I feel like Bosken would have left anyways even if we had nicer facilities. The coaching staff is def something that needs to be focused on its hard to be successful without good assistants. In his time there he ran off about 10 coaches or more and probably couldn't get and faculty assistants because no one probably wanted to deal with that. But Crockett has to do a better job of opening up spots to where they can get more faculty assistants

Bosken may have done a good job of trying to get his players attention from schools but I seriously seriously doubt Crockett has more kids playing college ball than Science Hill or DB. SH, the last 3-4 years especially, has an awful lot of kids currently playing college football on scholarship.

Coach 423T stated above that Bosken has helped 13 kids from Crockett sign at the next level.  I don't remember too many DB kids signing lately, a few linemen (Norris and another kid from 2 years ago) then of course Foreman, Swafford, Trammell from 5 years ago.  Science Hill has a few too but not sure of the number (McGue, White and a few others that I can think of).  I know at South we have only had 2 kids sign scholarships at the next level in the last 3 years.  So for what he has to work with I think that's pretty impressive.  A lot of local coaches don't even make an effort to promote their kids.

Coach 423T stated above that Bosken has helped 13 kids from Crockett sign at the next level. I don't remember too many DB kids signing lately, a few linemen (Norris and another kid from 2 years ago) then of course Foreman, Swafford, Trammell from 5 years ago. Science Hill has a few too but not sure of the number (McGue, White and a few others that I can think of). I know at South we have only had 2 kids sign scholarships at the next level in the last 3 years. So for what he has to work with I think that's pretty impressive. A lot of local coaches don't even make an effort to promote their kids.

McGue is at Army. Malcolm White is at UTC. Mikey White is at Western Carolina. Elijah Mathes is at ETSU. Justin Bedard is at Cornell. Reed Hayes is at Vanderbilt (chose to play baseball but did have multiple offers for football). The SH kicker from 2 yrs ago is at Western Kentucky. The TE from 2 yrs ago is at Austin Peay. Their names escape me at the moment. I know I'm forgetting at least 3 or 4 more. Then, this year's team will have at the least 3 or 4 sign football scholarships; Tolley, Martin and Smith for sure. Who are all the scholarship kids for Crockett? Just curious. I'll agree that Bosken did a good job of getting his kids some looks though. Edited by WBNC83

Yea SH has def put kids in bigger schools that's for sure. A bunch of kids from Crockett signed but dont stick it out Luke Hopson the only 1000 yd WR in NET and Coy Vaughn sign with Marryville Colt Jenkins ETSU Andrew Kyker Bethal Chevy Miller sign with Cumberland but didn't go Ian Martin TSU Midkiff U of Cumberlands Dj Britton Brandon Rains Ryan Burger E&H Andreas TTU that don't include Eric Day who def could have played at some places. This year Crockett should have at least 3 or 4 sign this year and they got a ligit D1 guy who has 3 offer already and gaining a lot of interest from Power 5 schools. Idk if any of those guys are on full,rides but they signed with teams.

Edited by Coach423T

One thing you got to put in perspective is Crockett never really had any kids from football going anywhere before Bosken. Maybe 1 or 2 every other season. I don't think that Crockett football even had 30 kids total on the roster before Bosken. Now you do have serious talent coming up. Whoever takes over will be set up right, there is freshman quarterback that transferred in from somewhere that under the right direction will definitely go far. A freshman running back and a sophomore LB that are going to be great for the next few years. You have that 6' 6"  kid that is a beast and already has D1 offers and he would be welcome on any team in the state. I just hope for our community the administration hires someone to fill Bosken's shoes, with at least the same desire to make these kids able to compete with the talent in the conference. But I have a bad feeling Washington Co. will do the good ole boy thing and Crockett goes back to being the bottom dwellers. 

McGue is at Army. Malcolm White is at UTC. Mikey White is at Western Carolina. Elijah Mathes is at ETSU. Justin Bedard is at Cornell. Reed Hayes is at Vanderbilt (chose to play baseball but did have multiple offers for football). The SH kicker from 2 yrs ago is at Western Kentucky. The TE from 2 yrs ago is at Austin Peay. Their names escape me at the moment. I know I'm forgetting at least 3 or 4 more. Then, this year's team will have at the least 3 or 4 sign football scholarships; Tolley, Martin and Smith for sure. Who are all the scholarship kids for Crockett? Just curious. I'll agree that Bosken did a good job of getting his kids some looks though.

I wasn't trying to insult SH, I know they have talent and the point I was trying to make was that for the talent at Crockett, Bosken has done a great job of finding those kids that want to play at the next level a place to do that. 

2016 Jeremy Bosken  4-7
2015 Jeremy Bosken  6-4
2014 Jeremy Bosken  5-5
2013 Jeremy Bosken  5-5
2012 Kent Green     2-8
2011 Kent Green     1-9
2010 Kent Green     4-6
2009 Kent Green     4-6
2008 Kent Green     2-8
2007 Kent Green     2-8
2006 Kent Green     4-6
2005 Jason Nave     0-10