Who will be the next HC at David Crockett

Pioneer88

No way will GS put in the time previous coach put in. As a matter of fact I hear he has already cut back on off season work. His TIME commitment to this program will very minimal at best. I am afraid this will become a cluster screw up. 

How so?

He's retired from the NFL, so he should have all the time in the world to put into football.

Sounds like he's approaching this as a hobby instead of a career.

I do know that the remaining assistants at Crockett were alienated by how this went down.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How so?

He's retired from the NFL, so he should have all the time in the world to put into football.

I do know that the remaining assistants at Crockett were alienated by how this went down.

Time will tell, no pun intended. Not even a hobby amount of time will be given. 

How so?

I was just wondering what you mean by the remaining assistants were alienated by how it went down. I think Sensabaugh will put a good bit of time into seems like this is what he wants to make a career out of coaching. Only time will tell come August it will show how much time was out in.

I'll give GS the benefit of the doubt. Let's wait and see how his team performs first before we start judging whether or not he'll be good HC. Crockett had a very underwhelming season last year. They've got some talented kids returning though so let's just wait and see how the team looks come August. Btw can any Crockett fans tell me why the Stevens kid (basketball) transferred back to Science Hill? Not that I'm surprised. I said last year that once Patrick Good graduated it wouldn't shock me if some of those SH kids that transferred to Crockett ended up transferring back to SH.

Edited by WBNC83

I was just wondering what you mean by the remaining assistants were alienated by how it went down. I think Sensabaugh will put a good bit of time into seems like this is what he wants to make a career out of coaching. Only time will tell come August it will show how much time was out in.

What I've heard, and this is second hand so maybe it is BS, is that a few of the assistants on staff with more coaching experience wanted the job but never were given a shot.  GS didn't even have to apply for the job: the AD went to him and offered it to him before it was even open.  They had interviews for show, but GS was going to get it all along.

Again, none of the coaches have told me this themselves, but it makes sense they'd be put off by that sort of thing after working hard there for years.

Bluedevil the only guy I know that applied that was on the staff from last year was Jackson and a former player and assistant at Crockett applied for it also thats the only 2 guys from the staff that i know applied. GS applied for it they didnt contact him but ince Crockett found out he was interested they pretty much zeroed in on him and it was his job to lose. I think Edens would have got the job if GS hadnt applied.

I'll give GS the benefit of the doubt. Let's wait and see how his team performs first before we start judging whether or not he'll be good HC. Crockett had a very underwhelming season last year. They've got some talented kids returning though so let's just wait and see how the team looks come August. Btw can any Crockett fans tell me why the Stevens kid (basketball) transferred back to Science Hill? Not that I'm surprised. I said last year that once Patrick Good graduated it wouldn't shock me if some of those SH kids that transferred to Crockett ended up transferring back to SH.

Crockett def has quite a bit of talent returning that are young and athletic what our problem is in the Trenches. If they can get that figured out they could be a very good team. Not really sure what happened with him transfering back to SH. I heard he got a filed for a hardship but not forsure. Hes the only kid who has transferred back to SH the rest of the kids that transferred eaither graduated,about to graduate, or still playing 2 more came this year Edited by Coach423T

Bluedevil the only guy I know that applied that was on the staff from last year was Jackson and a former player and assistant at Crockett applied for it also thats the only 2 guys from the staff that i know applied. GS applied for it they didnt contact him but ince Crockett found out he was interested they pretty much zeroed in on him and it was his job to lose. I think Edens would have got the job if GS hadnt applied.

That's better than what I heard, then.  I 'm glad to stand corrected.

What I'd heard was that the AD knew GS from a class they had together, so as soon as he found out the job was opening up, he called up GS and offered him the job without an interview.  I've also heard that GS found out about the opening from Graham Clark.  It's probably best to just let that one rest.

I heard that Carr had applied for it and will probably be leaving now since he didn't get it.  He's the favorite to get the Unaka job.

Again, I wish GS and DC the best, but this will be a rougher transition than a lot of people realize.

That's better than what I heard, then.  I 'm glad to stand corrected.

What I'd heard was that the AD knew GS from a class they had together, so as soon as he found out the job was opening up, he called up GS and offered him the job without an interview.  I've also heard that GS found out about the opening from Graham Clark.  It's probably best to just let that one rest.

I heard that Carr had applied for it and will probably be leaving now since he didn't get it.  He's the favorite to get the Unaka job.

Again, I wish GS and DC the best, but this will be a rougher transition than a lot of people realize.

Devil, you heard partly right. Yes I do believe Clark told GS about the job opening, but the rest isn't close. GS had an interview and after the interview they realized that they ran in the same circles at ETSU. From what I understand it wasn't like they were big college buddies. As far as Carr goes, I believe he left the program before the season started for a better work opportunity and he never did apply for the HC job. Would have been a good one though. I believe you are referring to Jackson, he did apply. Several, applied and interviewed. I do believe GS had it the whole time. All we can do now is like you said, wish DC well because only time will tell if it was a good hire. I do believe with the group of kids for next season, any coach will be successful or halfway successful for a year or two.