Wartburg Coaching Search?

TTUBOBCAT

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

very rarely do middle school coaches make a successful jump to being a head coach.  There is so much difference between those two levels.  The biggest difference is the level of competition between middle school and high school coaching staffs.  Not saying it cannot be done because i am sure you can go back and find middle school coaches who have been successful.  Maybe there was lots more to the decision that meets the eye, there usually is.  Well good luck!

It did keep some middle school kids from moving to coalfield. So that's one good thing.

• 3 months later...

You all need to give this Coach and kids a chance!  He's got a good staff that the players respect and work hard for everyday.  They are hitting the workouts hard and giving their all. More players have came out since they have the new Coach.  Many wouldn't play for the last Coach because of what a joke he was on & off the field.  Now they are looking forward to starting something new and deserve a chance.  Talking crap about them, especially the players isn't really fair before they are even given a chance.  Now granted if they still haven't showed much improvement by like the 2nd or 3rd game of the season, you can talk on.  However, I seen them play a scrimmage a few weeks ago against Tellico and they gave them a heck of a time.  The Tellico Coach even said they looked like a 100% different team than they had played the previous year.  Yeah, I know Tellico is not great themselves, but they DID NOT come & run all over the dawgs like they thought the would.  So I say back off this Coach and mostly these teenage boys that just wanted to play ball without the heckling from all the armchair quarterback adults trying to relive their glory days!

You all need to give this Coach and kids a chance! He's got a good staff that the players respect and work hard for everyday. They are hitting the workouts hard and giving their all. More players have came out since they have the new Coach. Many wouldn't play for the last Coach because of what a joke he was on & off the field. Now they are looking forward to starting something new and deserve a chance. Talking crap about them, especially the players isn't really fair before they are even given a chance. Now granted if they still haven't showed much improvement by like the 2nd or 3rd game of the season, you can talk on. However, I seen them play a scrimmage a few weeks ago against Tellico and they gave them a heck of a time. The Tellico Coach even said they looked like a 100% different team than they had played the previous year. Yeah, I know Tellico is not great themselves, but they DID NOT come & run all over the dawgs like they thought the would. So I say back off this Coach and mostly these teenage boys that just wanted to play ball without the heckling from all the armchair quarterback adults trying to relive their glory days!

Who said ANYTHING about the kids???Talking about the coaching position is what we were doing.No one is heckling kids.Read before jumping the gun and posting stuff that just isn't true.

I hope the Wartburg team does well. The last coach put little to no effort into it and it showed. No one wants to put all that hard work in and go 0-10. They will do better this year from what I hear. High school is all about player development these days. They use to be competitive with Coalfield, so maybe this coach in time can bring that back.