PICK ONE MEMORY FROM ANY GAME YOU ATTENDED THIS YEAR

GeneralForrest

It was SP vs Jasper Sept 9, 2016 at Beene Stadium. A beautiful night for the best rivalry not just in football but in all of sports. There were thousands upon hundreds of thousands in attendance with millions more tuned in around the world.

When the Pirates regained the lead 17-14 with 11:01 remaining in the 4th quarter on a Cade Kennemore 64 yard punt return, the Warriors went on a long sustaining drive eating up the clock tick by tick. After a methodical 11 plays Jasper was at the SP two yard line first and goal. That's when the Pirate defense got mean. And I'm telling you they got really mean. The next 3 plays resulted in no yards at all. Not one single inch. Jasper had to settle for the tying 20 yard FG with 1 minute remaining in regulation.

Most everybody at this point was probably thinking the game would be heading into overtime. But not so fast my friend. The Mighty Pirates of South Pittsburg had a different mindset. The Captain told them they had outplayed them thus far and said we are fixing to score and win this game and rallied his kick return team. The ensuing kick off was snared on a short hop and with speed to burn and superb blocking advanced the ball up to the SP 44 yard line. One hitch pass to Cade followed by an incompletion then another short hitch and one running play the ball was spiked dead at the Warriors 28 yard line.

Then the play - the call - a double move - a hitch and go. Cade ran his hitch and go route and Holland made a beautiful pump fake causing the defenders to bite then let go a perfect spiral over the top of the defense right in stride into the hands of Cade for the winning TD. 24-17.

That play will go down in history as Cade's Catch, Hogan's Hand, Captain's Call. Whatever folks want to call it. That's the still photo above as the ball crossed the endzone by the cannon. You can see the scoreboard frozen in time. You see the down and distance. You see the game was tied at 17 all. You see the time remaining. You see the reaction of the fans. I was there. I'm glad I was a part of this. Outstanding team effort all game long. Great game plan by the entire coaching staff.

Fantastic memory.

And that's the way it was. September 9th, 2016.

Double Post! Edited by orngnblk

It was SP vs Jasper Sept 9, 2016 at Beene Stadium. A beautiful night for the best rivalry not just in football but in all of sports. There were thousands upon hundreds of thousands in attendance with millions more tuned in around the world.

When the Pirates regained the lead 17-14 with 11:01 remaining in the 4th quarter on a Cade Kennemore 64 yard punt return, the Warriors went on a long sustaining drive eating up the clock tick by tick. After a methodical 11 plays Jasper was at the SP two yard line first and goal. That's when the Pirate defense got mean. And I'm telling you they got really mean. The next 3 plays resulted in no yards at all. Not one single inch. Jasper had to settle for the tying 20 yard FG with 1 minute remaining in regulation.

Most everybody at this point was probably thinking the game would be heading into overtime. But not so fast my friend. The Mighty Pirates of South Pittsburg had a different mindset. The Captain told them they had outplayed them thus far and said we are fixing to score and win this game and rallied his kick return team. The ensuing kick off was snared on a short hop and with speed to burn and superb blocking advanced the ball up to the SP 44 yard line. One hitch pass to Cade followed by an incompletion then another short hitch and one running play the ball was spiked dead at the Warriors 28 yard line.

Then the play - the call - a double move - a hitch and go. Cade ran his hitch and go route and Holland made a beautiful pump fake causing the defenders to bite then let go a perfect spiral over the top of the defense right in stride into the hands of Cade for the winning TD. 24-17.

That play will go down in history as Cade's Catch, Hogan's Hand, Captain's Call. Whatever folks want to call it. That's the still photo above as the ball crossed the endzone by the cannon. You can see the scoreboard frozen in time. You see the down and distance. You see the game was tied at 17 all. You see the time remaining. You see the reaction of the fans. I was there. I'm glad I was a part of this. Outstanding team effort all game long. Great game plan by the entire coaching staff.

Fantastic memory.

Thanks for the replay. You just made the hairs on my arm raise up.

When the Pirates regained the lead 17-14 with 11:01 remaining in the 4th quarter on a Cade Kennemore 64 yard punt return, the Warriors went on a long sustaining drive eating up the clock tick by tick.  After a methodical 11 plays Jasper was at the SP two yard line first and goal. That's when the Pirate defense got mean. And I'm telling you they got really mean. The next 3 plays resulted in no yards at all. Not one single inch. Jasper had to settle for the tying 20 yard FG with 1 minute remaining in regulation.

Most everybody at this point was probably thinking the game would be heading into overtime. But not so fast my friend. The Mighty Pirates of South Pittsburg had a different mindset.  The Captain told them they had outplayed them thus far and said we are fixing to score and win this game and rallied his kick return team. The ensuing kick off was snared on a short hop and with speed to burn and superb blocking advanced the ball up to the SP 44 yard line.  One hitch pass to Cade followed by an incompletion then another short hitch and one running play the ball was spiked dead at the Warriors 28 yard line.  

Then the play - the call - a double move - a hitch and go.  Cade ran his hitch and go route and Holland made a beautiful pump fake causing the defenders to bite then let go a perfect spiral over the top of the defense right in stride into the hands of Cade for the winning TD.  24-17.

That play will go down in history as Cade's Catch,  Hogan's Hand,  Captain's Call.  Whatever folks want to call it.  That's the still photo above as the ball crossed the endzone by the cannon.  You can see the scoreboard frozen in time. You see the down and distance. You see the game was tied at 17 all. You see the time remaining.  You see the reaction of the fans.  I was there.  I'm glad I was a part of this.  Outstanding team effort all game long. Great game plan by the entire coaching staff. 

Fantastic memory.

You guys should make some shirts with this pic and story on it. Sell it along with the video of the game for Christmas. LOL