Who will be the next coach at GCA?

Raven52

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still trying to decipher Booger's post

I'll stir things up, I don't normally make predictions but I'll be bold to see if the conversation picks up:

2017 Championship game will be CPA vs. Webb or Lausanne and in 2018 CPA will win! Thoughts?

Not a bad prediction, and you're probably not far off. Though, if those are your 3 teams, it would more likely be Lausanne vs. Webb or CPA simply due to the way the brackets were split. This year, the West Region is the only 1 seed on their side of the bracket, while the East and Middle 1 seeds would potentially face off in the semifinal. So assuming all three of those teams are 1 seeds and they all advance to the semis, Lausanne would play a 2 seed while Webb and CPA would play each other for a chance to go to the championship.

Not a bad prediction, and you're probably not far off. Though, if those are your 3 teams, it would more likely be Lausanne vs. Webb or CPA simply due to the way the brackets were split. This year, the West Region is the only 1 seed on their side of the bracket, while the East and Middle 1 seeds would potentially face off in the semifinal. So assuming all three of those teams are 1 seeds and they all advance to the semis, Lausanne would play a 2 seed while Webb and CPA would play each other for a chance to go to the championship.

Thanks man, I was curious how the bracket would be set up this year.

I'm still trying to decipher Booger's post

I'll stir things up, I don't normally make predictions but I'll be bold to see if the conversation picks up:

2017 Championship game will be CPA vs. Webb or Lausanne and in 2018 CPA will win! Thoughts?

it want be webb if your lucky nuff to b in Cookeville

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

No disrespect intended to " the other guy" I just do not know his name. I remember he was the middle school coach at 1 point and moved up .

What is the speculation as to all of the turn over in such a short time frame? Is it just bad timing or good timing if you want to look at it that way ( half full vs. half empty ) I guess it just depends on who you ask. 

What is the predicted record out of the RAM camp?

No disrespect intended to " the other guy" I just do not know his name. I remember he was the middle school coach at 1 point and moved up .

What is the speculation as to all of the turn over in such a short time frame? Is it just bad timing or good timing if you want to look at it that way ( half full vs. half empty ) I guess it just depends on who you ask. 

What is the predicted record out of the RAM camp?

The "other guy" will be greatly missed by a bunch of boys that have grown up playing under him. Coach Bart Karaken formally announced yesterday to the players that he is leaving for a position at CAK to coach with his mentor. Nobody can blame him for that. CAK is getting a great young coach, a great family, but more importantly, a terrific man of God. He will be missed, and my family wishes him nothing but the absolute best.

Coach Brewster, well, what can I say about him......my family thanks The Good Lord everyday for his leadership, commitment to our school and kids, not just the football players. He is staying right where God and everybody else at GCA wants him. He was the glue, along with our new AD (also an awesome promotion from within) that held this thing together throughout this whole process, and many of us appreciate that so very much.

As for the rest of the stuff. I'm not privy to what's driving people's hearts or minds, so who knows why things have happened? There is much positive change occurring at GCA, both educationally, administratively and athletically. We have an awesome new pastor at the church as well. If there was ever a time to be excited about Grace Christian Academy, it is RIGHT NOW! There is something special about to break loose in the years to come. Although my youngest is not too far from heading to college, I can't wait to see the years to follow! We are, and always will be, Rams For Life!

I don't think anybody (but Booger....who seems to know way more than he should :) can credibly predict what the record will be next year. The competition is stiff, to say the least. But, we replace a very small group of seniors with a huge senior class. Most of our skill guys and line will be back, healthier, bigger, faster and better than last year. That can't hurt!  

That is interesting to hear. The Rams should be just fine as long as the administration is on board. It will take some $$$ to compete in DII . There is no doubt that the facilities are there and Rusty has proven himself multiple times. The question is will the admin be willing to help? I hope it all works out, the thing that gets overlooked so often is the teenage boys whose lives are impacted by the decision of those around them. God has definitely blessed GCA in the past and I expect that to continue. Nothing but respect for that program.