Davy Crockett Football Job

runtheball

What is his coaching experience? I know his playing experience but that doesn't always make you a good coach

I am confused, if playing professional football doesn't make you capable of coaching, what does? Watching it on T.V? Let me guess, I bet if you know someone high up on the board of education and are friends with the county commissioner and have never played a sport. That is plenty of potential for coaching heh? Edited by Gunner0331

I am confused, if playing professional football doesn't make you capable of coaching, what does? Watching it on T.V? Let me guess, I bet if you know someone high up on the board of education and are friends with the county commissioner and have never played a sport. That is plenty of potential for coaching heh?

The NFL is high level talent... not much coaching imo on the NFL level.. HS talent is far different.. you have to be able to adapt systems and things to the kids that you have..

A lot of the NFL players that I've seen through the years have struggled as HS coaches due to the fact that it's tough for them to communicate what they know & work with HS talent..

I'm not saying this is a bad hire.. could be really good, could be bad. It's all a 50/50 shot.

Good luck to Crockett on their new hire, it is not usual for a high school to give the job to someone who has absolutely no coaching experience at all.  Note: playing on the highest level is still not coaching.  It devalues all the coaches who work up from a lowly assistant, to a coordinator, to an eventual head coach.  I hope for the kids that things will go great and for their new head coach also.  Hopefully he will be smart enough to get assistants that can serve as coordinators and help him greatly on the transition from the pro game.  I have heard through the grapevine that Crockett had several very successful head coaches, state champions, as well as  solid assistants that were excited about taking over the program at Crockett.  the important thing is not winning the press conference but what takes place after the conference.  There are no successful head coaches that work part-time and certainly not as a hobby.  Obviously the new head coach has been extremely successful throughout his career from high school, to college and finally the NFL.  Hopefully his drive will help him catch up and lead this very experienced team to a great season.  Congrats coach, do Crockett proud  The head coach and the coaching staff has set this group of kids to make a giant leap in 2017.with a new region and a very winnable schedule, lots of experience on both sides of the ball, 6-8 wins is not out of the question this year.  Throw in a division one defensive end and things look good! Go pioneers!

2016-17 COACHES REQUIREMENTS

Article I, Section 9 of the TSSAA Bylaws states the following:

All coaches must be registered with TSSAA annually and will fall under one of the following categories:

1. Full-time certified teacher (a minimum of 100 school days) of a board of education with a Tennessee teaching

license or the equivalent.

2. Retired educator (five or more years' experience) with a valid Tennessee state teaching license or the

equivalent.

3. Non-faculty coach – Anyone approved by the principal, superintendent, and/or local board of education in the

normal course of employment procedures in accordance with applicable state law.

4. Classified Employee – Any individual employed by a member school or school system in a position that does

not require a teaching license or the equivalent. A Classified Employee must be employed 30 hours or more

per week in a non-coaching position and may not be an independent contractor or an employee of an

independent contractor.

Use of a coach who does not meet all the requirements listed below or the use of a Non-faculty Coach or Classified

Employee Coach who has not been submitted to the state office shall result in a fine of $500.00.

COACHING REQUIREMENTS CHECKLIST

Classified Employees and Non-Faculty Coaches serving as Head Coaches (Football, Basketball, Baseball,

Softball, Track)

_____ Must be approved by principal, director of schools, and/or school board each year.

_____ Must be submitted by the principal to TSSAA each year.

_____ May not serve as a head coach until the individual has five or more years of experience as an assistant

coach at a TSSAA/TMSAA school.

_____ Must successfully complete the NFHS “Fundamentals of Coaching†and “First Aid, Health, & Safety for

Coaches†courses prior to coaching.*

My question is when was the "may not serve as head coach until the individual has 5 or more years experience an assistant" rescinded?

how did the meet and greet go, i was going to go myself but had to work late.  I bet you have some excited people at Crockett.  I am sure he will be very organized and go about installing his offense and defense quickly..  Having been a defensive back for Dallas and Jacksonville he will have some great tricks to equalize crockett's opponents. i am stoked for the upcoming season.  I think i now want to be a head football coach.  You do not need any coaching experience, i can do that, you need to find a class that has an athletic director form a local high school in it, become friends and viola, i can become a head coach. Just remember old davy crockett and his band of Tennesseans went down to Texas and fought at the Alamo, things did not go well.  Again, wonder how many people would let you do brain surgery on your son or daughter?  no, i dont have any experience at all but i did stay in a holiday inn once and i have watched many episodes of grey's anatomy, code black, general hospital.  I dont really see how anything could go wrong.  no medical school but i did mow a surgeons yard one summer.  Sometimes he brought me a glass of lemonade and we sat on his porch.  yes i can be a surgeon!

You got to be kidding me! I guess being so negative about a person that has been given a shot at something that you didn't get makes a huge difference.