1A/2A TSWS All State football teams

orngnblk

There was a kid from Monterey and Columbia Academy. You couldn't melt them and pour them together and have a lineman as good as one that got passed up

The boy from Monterey is a very good player! Im not saying your kid is not but give credit where it is due! He played against some good teams and went above and beyond! Kid cant help his team didnt finish with a great record! He played flawless last year against many good teams also! I would put him against anyone! I respect all you guys but this kid deserves it just as much as any! I reckon he had a great showing in the East/West All star game also against some great D-linemen from bigger schools! His stats are very well deserved of the Award! OH!!! He also got it in 2014 and 2015 ALSO!!!! He is a baller PERIOD on any team in 1A!!!! Great kid on and off field and family but thats not included in the decision but it may be, I dont know! AGAIN i totally understand you being upset since they had a 3-7 Record this year!

Edited by TALMAD

Another kid that got passed up on was #1 Pryor for sp.. difference maker in several games.

I haven't seen who actually made it from SP.From an outsider that watched a lot of Pitt film before we played.#62 was hands down the best lineman I saw and #1 was a REAL difference maker.CF had two lineman who didn't make it that was just as good as any of the other lineman I saw at Pitt.Not trying to cause an argument,all my boys were lineman and my youngest in 2013 was a all state player so I usually focus more on that part of the game.55 was a good player but in all honesty not a Mr football type player,All state very well could have been but as some say not all can make it.Have to have some good numbers,also its very hard for two lineman on the same team to get the honor.It does happen but they are usually extremely good.

There was a kid from Monterey and Columbia Academy. You couldn't melt them and pour them together and have a lineman as good as one that got passed up

Beerman what kind of mess is this? That boy of yours got his name in my Murphy Fair book. He can show that to anyone. These boys that get there name put in Murphy's book is better than this sportswriter all state mess. That Hargis man and his buddies come up with this mess. They are not gurus like Murphy. You think im joking but im not.

I believe a lot of good football players were left off the list, and always are as the ones who choose it haven't seen a lot of them play, but just go off what they have heard. I think coaches should be able to nominate their players, send in highlight film so they can actually see for themselves rather than going off what they hear.

From games you attended personally, list players or numbers if you don't know their names of players you saw that impressed you.

I can do Region 4A. I would have to list the following players are difference makers in that region for their teams...DJ Taylor - Huntland (Mr. Football Back Semifinalist, Wake Forest Commit, listed on the sports writers All-State team as LB...he is going to Wake as LB, but in my honest opinion he was more dominant in the region as a running back running for over 2000 yards, Region MVP), Brandon Moore - Fayetteville (All-state selection last year as DB I believe, but was left off this year, He was Most Valuable Back for the region, Shifty and I believe accounted for more than 30 TD's this year, awesome special teams return player), Chase Mote - Summertown (Most Valuable Defensive player for the region, hard hitter that brings it, nose for the ball, over 150 tackles), Matt Fox - Columbia Academy (All-state selection by sports writers, Best Linemen of the region, dominant on both sides, plays hard and is physical). Just my two cents from region 4A of who I really liked and thought were the best players of the region. 2 of the 4 made it. Also, Rush Landsdale (Coach Landsdale son from CA made the sports writers All-State team. Pretty good DB, but personally I would have chosen Moore or Mote as a DB over him this season.) Others I would mention that stood out to me Austin Amour - QB for Grace, Eli Woodard - Running Back for Cornersville, Mason Williams - Linemen for Summertown. They probably all have highlight tapes on hudl, check them out and tell me what you think.

Please list players from your region or that you saw that you would recommend. I'd love to watch some of their highlights on hudl.

Region- 7-A

Dresden- QB Dresser Winn

RB Lb Dylan yates. WR DB Quincy McDonald. WR Austin Thomas.

#11 I liked a lot the Mitchell kid was good too. Rico Taylor. K.Rooks The list goes on for them.

UC- Tucker Kennedy was a monster. I forget the qbs name who finished the season but he did a real good job. Bumphus and Laz Scribner were some real ballers who's season got short due to injuries.

Can't forget 6-A with Huntingdons Kade Pearson Zach Dodson and Dylan Johnson and Wayne Countys Rice Bevis very surprised not to see Burchette listed that kid is a warrior. Also Bruceton had the fastest player in 1A football with Zayveon Johnson

Edited by DwightKSchrute