National Penny Hoopfest

RealisticFan45

I really like both. They both bring different attributes to the game. Harris has a scorers mentality and with the team he's on he really has to bring it. I've seen him struggle a bit this year with a lot more teams boxing him up and sending that extra defender at him. In my opinion he plays for the wow factor a lot, plus Cordova really misses the 6'8 guy from last year. ALO is surrounded by better talent so he gets to do what he does best...facilitate!!

I really like both. They both bring different attributes to the game. Harris has a scorers mentality and with the team he's on he really has to bring it. I've seen him struggle a bit this year with a lot more teams boxing him up and sending that extra defender at him. In my opinion he plays for the wow factor a lot, plus Cordova really misses the 6'8 guy from last year. ALO is surrounded by better talent so he gets to do what he does best...facilitate!!

Yeah, but which one do you select to be the PG on your team. All things being equal. Harris or Alo?

Lol more points have been added to Alo in the Lomax/Harris debate.

As far as the championship went, Cody Riley and Marvin Baley were just too darn much for Chandler and Dandridge. Its kinda hard to beat a team with three seniors committed to UCLA San Diego St and Arizona state paired with the #1 2018 player not to mention that he's a 6'11 dog. This is not the game that you want your starting guards to shoot less than 10% from the floor in East's case. But they may be able to avenge this loss (as they did twice with the Montverde loss) later in the year at the Dicks Sporting Good's Highschool National Tourney in April. It's hard to see them not getting an invite as long as they cap of the year with the gold ball as they are expected to do and will finish as a top 5 team nationally if doing so. Especially after beating a Montverde team twice that usually flips a coin yearly with Oak Hill for the champions of the Dick's nationals. 

As far as the championship went, Cody Riley and Marvin Baley were just too darn much for Chandler and Dandridge. Its kinda hard to beat a team with three seniors committed to UCLA San Diego St and Arizona state paired with the #1 2018 player not to mention that he's a 6'11 dog. This is not the game that you want your starting guards to shoot less than 10% from the floor in East's case. But they may be able to avenge this loss (as they did twice with the Montverde loss) later in the year at the Dicks Sporting Good's Highschool National Tourney in April. It's hard to see them not getting an invite as long as they cap of the year with the gold ball as they are expected to do and will finish as a top 5 team nationally if doing so. Especially after beating a Montverde team twice that usually flips a coin yearly with Oak Hill for the champions of the Dick's nationals.

Will the TSSAA allow them to compete in the national championship tourney?

Well, the big men did well in that series. Dandridge is really coming into his own. He's dominating in the paint with more aggressiveness. Playing all of these high profile teams has brought out his sense of self worth and confidence. He's played well against some of the best big men in the country. You can see it in his game. Combine that with Chandler developing a killer instinct by playing against bigger, older, stronger big men as well. They couldn't stop them in that game ... but they couldn't stop Chandler as well. He was boss in that game. East is creating monsters over there I tell you ... monsters! I don't see TJ having back to back shooting slumps like he did in that last series of games in the TOC. Alo is going to do what he does. I think he's learned that he need to solidify his jumper. That's all he is missing ... consistency with his jumper ... because he has all of the rest, even the intangibles ... that 'IT' factor. Just think ... they are juniors and sophomores.

Will the TSSAA allow them to compete in the national championship tourney?

I would think that the TSSAA would see how good this would look upon the state as a whole. Why wouldn't they allow them to play? Is there something in the TSSAA by-laws that would prohibit East from participating if invited?