Glencliff Football Job

runtheball

I think it could be like any other sports team that gets improvements to their facilities. When Antioch moved to Hobson Pk you saw an upswing in their football success. Then came CR and thinned the talent. Everyone gets excited when something is new and fresh. New stadium, concessions, track, and now hopefully a new fresh and excited coach/staff. I also think you can look at some rezoning that happened in the late 90's about the time Hillsboro's run started along with the decline at "the Cliff".

I think it could be like any other sports team that gets improvements to their facilities. When Antioch moved to Hobson Pk you saw an upswing in their football success. Then came CR and thinned the talent. Everyone gets excited when something is new and fresh. New stadium, concessions, track, and now hopefully a new fresh and excited coach/staff. I also think you can look at some rezoning that happened in the late 90's about the time Hillsboro's run started along with the decline at "the Cliff".

Overton wins state, zone change, Glencliff goes to finals game, zone change, Hillsboro wins state. Same zone was moved from Overton to Glencliff to Hillsboro. I am sure facilities helps, but in all three of these it had nothing to do with facilities. I was at Antioch when school moved to Hobson Pk. We did not even play at new school first season. We drove a bus and players traveled to old building for locker room, practice, and games. Talent improved because of a change in zone, not so much about increase in school size. Cane Ridge opens and lot of good talent happens to be in that zone. Athletics in metro has always been more about players in the zone than the facilities. History proves this.

Overton wins state, zone change, Glencliff goes to finals game, zone change, Hillsboro wins state. Same zone was moved from Overton to Glencliff to Hillsboro. I am sure facilities helps, but in all three of these it had nothing to do with facilities. I was at Antioch when school moved to Hobson Pk. We did not even play at new school first season. We drove a bus and players traveled to old building for locker room, practice, and games. Talent improved because of a change in zone, not so much about increase in school size. Cane Ridge opens and lot of good talent happens to be in that zone. Athletics in metro has always been more about players in the zone than the facilities. History proves this.

Don't leave out Whites Creek

Winning breeds a winning attitude. Coach Jim Wilson was able to do that at Glencliff. He was a very personable man and treated everyone with respect. For the right person with a desire to invest in the kids that Glencliff has, the potential for success is definitely there. The scary part of the players there for me is they definitely pass the eye test. When a coach is able to love on those kids and instill some discipline and confidence, they can be a very tough out for anyone.

This job has to be appealing to a young spitfire coach. If you don't think you could be successful here don't apply. The potential is there. Use the strengths that these kids bring. Size, athleticism and team speed. The building blocks are already there.

Edited by wave88
  • Upvote 1