Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Station Camp violations

• Please log in to reply
    22 replies to this topic

#1 bballinformer

bballinformer

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 35 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:51 PM

So I just read the report in the Tennessean about this incident in a kentucky tournament were they had to leave the championship game and 2 suspended and 1 kicked off. Due to what they called team violations not a hazing incident. I dont buy that why mention hazing if there was no hazing? Just say team violations and leave it at that. Also said name of player dismissed was not mentioned? Why not?  The other 2 kids names were mentioned...anyone know anything about this? who got dismissed? what went on? Seems a little bit iffy to me...just curious and concerned 

#2 BullShark

BullShark

Challenger

• Members
    • 655 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:59 AM

I read the same thing and had the same thoughts.  Please someone enlighten us...

#3 13sports

13sports

Competitor

• Validating
    • 462 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:00 PM

News report on WSMV Tuesday said "a source close to the situation said it was hazing and it was a developing story."

#4 bballinformer

bballinformer

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 35 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:38 PM

News report on WSMV Tuesday said "a source close to the situation said it was hazing and it was a developing story."

as I suspected 

#5 B52bomber3

B52bomber3

Competitor

• Members
    • 298 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:45 AM

I really can't believe how a kid with D-1 offers goes off and does things like they disc. Kids these days go to far . I can tell you that it was nothing sexual . IMO I still call it hazing . I am amazed the police didn't file any reports . I am not a police officer and not going to attempt to know what qualifies to file a report . All in all this might just help station camp if they can focus on basketball and not the distractions .,I still give gallatin the edge and always have . Would love to see that game .

#6 trebs

trebs

Trainer

• Members
    • 232 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:41 PM

Report on WSMV. Sad.

http://www.wsmv.com/...basketball-trip

#7 B52bomber3

B52bomber3

Competitor

• Members
    • 298 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:57 PM

Not sure if Massey has known this has been going on there for years and he hasn't stopped it and now still keeps his job .
    On brighter note great game other night . Hope freeman has put it behind him . Scores 27 and best gallatin by 2 .

#8 MrFootball71

MrFootball71

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 18 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:23 PM

Channel 4 just had a pretty lengthy story about this. They interviewed a former player and father in the dark that both stated he had seen teammates in 2014 that were branded. Ch 4 also reported that at least 6 former players and parents came forward and said this had been happening for several years. They tried to interview the AD at the school and he asked them to leave

#9 mondo44

mondo44

Contender

• Validating
    • 873 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

I caught the last part of the story. Very unfortunate situation.

#10 DistrictFan

DistrictFan

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 12 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:36 PM

All the coaches including Cook at his new school should resign or be terminated immediately.

Spirit Style Chooser: