TN Coach's Poll 9 January

ArtusCimber

Overlook them if you choose, but Summit has 7 wrestlers with greater than 80% winning percentage.  Halls is almost in the same situation.  I'm not buying Soddy as a top 5 AAA team.

As a matter of fact, it really doesn't make sense to rank 3 teams from the same region, if you are talking dual.  One of them can't place top 16.  But I guess then they will still get a legacy nod like Cleveland did last year.

Edited by ObserverW

Overlook them if you choose, but Summit has 7 wrestlers with greater than 80% winning percentage. Halls is almost in the same situation. I'm not buying Soddy as a top 5 AAA team.

As a matter of fact, it really doesn't make sense to rank 3 teams from the same region, if you are talking dual. One of them can't place top 16. But I guess then they will still get a legacy nod like Cleveland did last year.

Hard not to place the 3 best teams in Tennessee each year. Hate to say it, but if Bradley doesn't advance to state, it would be Soddy vs Cleveland in the finals. If Cleveland doesn't advance, it would be Bradley vs Soddy in the finals. If Doddy doesn't advance, it would be Bradley vs Cleveland. 3 best teams in state should be ranked each year period. Top 2,3 or 5. The state is just lucky that all 3 teams are in the same region. I'm sure no one would want to see the 3 same teams in the semis each year.

Hard not to place the 3 best teams in Tennessee each year. Hate to say it, but if Bradley doesn't advance to state, it would be Soddy vs Cleveland in the finals. If Cleveland doesn't advance, it would be Bradley vs Soddy in the finals. If Doddy doesn't advance, it would be Bradley vs Cleveland. 3 best teams in state should be ranked each year period. Top 2,3 or 5. The state is just lucky that all 3 teams are in the same region. I'm sure no one would want to see the 3 same teams in the semis each year.

Time will tell, but it sometimes seems those in the Chattanooga area live in a bubble and can't look west to realize there is other competition that just might be stronger.  So once again, your legacy of success is great but that does not guarantee you a spot on the podium.  As I have said over and over Cleveland didn't make it last year so you can claim they were top 3 but they don't have the plaque to show for it--remember the Cleveland goal this year, "get back the plaque."    Soddy performed at duals but then came up short at the traditional tournament, finishing behind who? Yes, a Region 7 and Region 1 team. 

You can chose two and they can prove you right but no matter how much Region 4 pride you have, you won't have 3 undisputable top 3 teams, at least not in duals. 

Any thoughts on ObserverW's analysis this DaChampsAgain?

No sir. He has opinions like the rest of us. If you want facts, just go back from the 2000 season till now. West teams just is not as good as the surrounding chatt teams. Maybe even the east teams as well. I'm willing to say that Tennessee High could most likely beat any of the west teams outside of CB. Chattanooga area will continue to dominate wrestling for years to come. Closest west team that had a pulse and was expected to win state was Wilson Central the last few years. Remember those Cleveland WC scores in the finals? Wasn't pretty.

It's a BIG if, if Bradley wins state this year. We better enjoy this one. Next year, that ugly blue team will once again be dominate and win a few states in a row. Just the way it is here. This surrounding area will continue to dominate.

As you have checked Bradley's, Clevelands and Soddys schedule, especially Bradley's, we and the other 2 teams are not shy of scheduling stiff competition. You hardly see these west teams in tourneys these three teams are in. If you want to brag bout th west and prove a point, than beat these teams. A lot of wrestling starts from Dec through Feb. schedule up and prove that the west should be talked about!

• Upvote 1

Think it's a little more than pride. Think facts have something to do with it. I'm not trying start a war. At this time and for a while. The three best are in region 4.

For a while, please elaborate? I'm pretty sure Wilson central finished second multiple times at the duals during the last few years, and they are not from region 4.

• Upvote 1