Donovan Stewart’s Class 4A All State Team

kwc

Donovan Stewart’s Class 4A All State Team

Memphis East and Knoxville Central both had magical years and met in the Class 4A state title game giving fans a rematch of the 1999 4A title game.

In 1999, Memphis East got the best of Central and 17 years later, the Mustangs again won the state title at the expense of the Bobcats.

So to start the new year, tnhighschoolfootball.com lead writer Donovan Stewart is looking back on the season in 4A with a statewide all state team.

Tnhighschoolfootball.com will roll out an all state team for each classification (1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, 6A, as well as both Division II classifications). Today, the Class 4A all state team with players selected as 21 spots selected on offense (4 QB, 4 RB, 4 WR, 5 OL, 4 ATH) and 16 spots on defense (4 DL, 4 LB, 4 DB, 4 ATH) as well as one kicker and one punter as well.

Also selected was an Offensive and Defensive Player of the Year and as well as a Coach of the Year. The selection process was based on discussions with 4A coaches across the state as well as seeing players live and on film.

Two time Class 4A Mr. Football Back Winner Amari Rodgers from Knoxville Catholic was named the Offensive Player of the Year while Haywood County senior defensive end Quay Jones was the Defensive Player of the Year.

Memphis East boss Marcus Wimberly was selected as the 4A coach of the year as he led the Mustangs to a 13-2 record and a state title.

So here’s the full offensive and defensive all state list.

Offense

QB- John Bachus, Giles County, Jr.
QB- Chase Cunningham, Knoxville Catholic, Sr.
QB- Xavier Malone, Fulton, Soph.
QB- Trey Mitchell, Knoxville Central, Sr.
RB- Antwaun Branch, Kenwood, Sr.
RB- Dontae Smith, Spring Hill, Jr.
RB- Timothy Taylor, Memphis East, Sr.
RB- Cody Wyllins, Stone Memorial, Jr.
WR- Tre Crutcher, Marshall County, Sr.
WR- Zach Dobson, Fulton, Sr.
WR- Jimmyrious Parker, Pearl Cohn, Sr.
WR- Amari Rodgers, Knoxville Catholic, Sr.
OL- McClendon Curtis, Chattanooga Central, Sr.
OL- Brody Gregory, Hixson, Sr.
OL- Evan Grooms, Greeneville, Sr.
OL- Cade Mays, Knoxville Catholic, Jr.
OL- Chandon Page, Pearl Cohn, Sr.
ATH- Chase Keurschen, Knoxville Catholic, Sr.
ATH- Jadarius Sackie, Knoxville Central, Sr.
ATH- Tyrique Sandusky, Ridgeway, Sr.
ATH- Michael Tirjan, Macon County, Sr.

Defense

DL- Issac Buell, Knoxville Central, Sr.
DL- Latrell Bumphus, Hardin County, Sr.
DL- Quay Jones, Haywood County, Sr.
DL- Rutger Reitmaier, Lipscomb Academy, Sr.
LB- Cain McWilliams, Marshall County, Sr.
LB- Chaton Mobley, Fulton, Sr.
LB- RoShawn Pointer, Maplewood, Sr.
LB- Brayden Devault-Smith, Pearl Cohn, Sr.
DB- D.J. Baxter, Chattanooga Central, Sr.
DB- Jaylon Burruss, Memphis East, Sr.
DB- Qwynnterrio Cole, Memphis East, Sr.

DB- J.Q. Haislip, Marshall County, Sr.
ATH- Jay Howard, Marshall County, Sr.
ATH- Timmarrious Jefferson, Memphis East, Sr.
ATH- Rondrow Peebles, Knoxville Central, Sr.
ATH- Takeem Young, Greeneville, Sr.

Special Teams

K- Jake McClure, East Hamilton, Sr.
P- Brent Cimaglia, Page, Sr.

Award Winners

Offensive Player of the Year- Amari Rodgers, Knoxville Catholic- The Clemson commitment and Class 4A Mr. Football Back Winner battled injuries and constant double and triple teams and still had 40 catches for 1,238 yards (30.9 yards per catch) and 20 touchdowns for the Fighting Irish.

Defensive Player of the Year- Quay Jones, Haywood County- The senior had a very productive season from his defensive end spot registering 101 tackles, including 24.5 tackles for a loss and 14.5 sacks as the Tomcats finished the season 10-2.

Coach of the Year- Marcus Wimberly, Memphis East- The Mustangs have won 25 games under Wimberly last two seasons and finished strong getting hot in the playoffs to win the 4A state title and 13 games on the season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats to all of the young men listed above. A special kudos goes out to the young men from the Memphis area.

Way to go!

Edited by kwc