Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Creekwood Vacancy

• Please log in to reply
    1 reply to this topic

#1 riverrat

riverrat

Contender

• CoachT+
    • 754 posts

Posted A week ago

Who will get this job?

District Opponents:

Greenbrier High School  Montgomery Central High School Portland High School Springfield High School White House Heritage High School White House High School

#2 howdoitknow

howdoitknow

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,872 posts

Posted A week ago

Chuck Daniel is a very good football coach and an even better person.  He really stepped up to the plate this past year, under trying circumstances, and saved Creek Wood from a potentially embarrassing situation when he took the football position so late in the game after the previous coach, Palmer, left for Shelbyville.  

When the school was seeking a football coach in 2015 I thought that Jeff Tomlinson, Brian Beaubien, Cody Finley, Gary Halstead, and Eric Hatley were all excellent choices to succeed Coach Daniel at CWHS.  I felt that any of them would have done great things in Charlotte.  If any of those guys were to apply for the position I would encourage the school system to take a look at any of them without question.  

With that in mind I would say that this should be an open & shut case should Chuck Daniel apply and want to be the head football coach on a non-interim basis.  I know that Dickson County has to open the job since he was the coach under an "interim" title this past season but he knows the kids and the community better than anyone and has won in the past.  

Spirit Style Chooser: