Peabody @ Greenfield 1/13/17

BABABA

Big game in 14-A tomorrow. #3 Peabody @ #1 Greenfield. The Lady Tide have now won 9 out of their last 10 games and seem to be playing better. Greenfield keeps rolling along, should be a great game! I'm going with the Lady Tide in this one to give Greenfield their first district loss of the season. 2 good teams either way.

Edited by BABABA

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this will be a great game. Trenton is starting to play like everyone thought they would from the beginning...Greenfield is not very deep at all. The super freshmen have done an awesome job and have great futures, but I don't know if they'll be able to keep pulling them out in these games closer to tourney time. We'll know more after tomorrow night. GC is lurking....

Big game in 14-A tomorrow. #3 Peabody @ #1 Greenfield. The Lady Tide have now won 9 out of their last 10 games and seem to be playing better. Greenfield keeps rolling along, should be a great game! I'm going with the Lady Tide in this one to give Greenfield their first loss of the season. 2 good teams either way.

You mean first district loss? Because Gleason has beaten them twice.....

That was a great game between 2 very good teams. Greenfield jumped out early on Peabody by 8-10 then Peabody went on their own run to go up 10 in the 2nd quarter. Some foul trouble by Peabody in the 2nd and Greenfield cut the lead to 4 at half time. Greenfield came out in the 3rd really strong I thought and took back the lead, up by 6-8, but in the 4th quarter Peabody got back into their press and caused Greenfield to turn it over several times. Peabody had chance after chance to tie the game or take the lead on fths after steals, but couldn't hit them. I think they missed 7-8 fths down 2 or 3 with under 4 minutes to go in the game. Was still a 2-3 pt game under 30 seconds and Peabody couldn't hit the fths again after steals. Greenfield eventually stepped up and knocked theirs down at the end of the game to seal it. #10 for Greenfield had a great game, scored the ball very well. Didn't see much out of Chloe, thought Peabody did a good job on her. Both these 2 teams are 2 of the best around. Peabody let a great chance slip away by not hitting their fths down the stretch, they usually make a decent percentage. Like to see these 2 in the District championship game. Peabody has definitely gotten better from the first meeting. Good job by both coaches, 2 of the best!

What was the story in this game? Did GC have an off night or has Peabody got things rolling?

Would say some of both. Peabody playing much better ball. GC was up by 13 at half and Peabody came out in second half on a roll. GC could get momentum back. Peabody press caused lots of problems and GC couldn't hit anything in second half.

What was the story in this game? Did GC have an off night or has Peabody got things rolling?

Peabody is playing some of the best basketball of any team around right now I think. Pressure wore Gibson Co down and Peabody's offense got to clicking. This is gonna be a fun post season with great games.

Wouldn't call Greenfield beating Dresden an upset. Greenfield is very good!