Top 1A teams

team69

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna be some great games this year looks like I'm going to have to come out and watch a little baseball.

Come on up and enjoy some games on the plastic grass! Bring the fire dept when you come. We'll save you a good seat and I'll even sweet talk our new grill-master into grilling you a juicy burger. :hungry:  Seriously, we lost so many key contributors that we even have to replace our grill-master. It's time for some young pups to step up.

In all seriousness, there should be some great Class A baseball games in ETN this year. I am glad to see the season started. I can't hardly stomach all the football threads right now (SMH!) There's not much better than a good high school baseball game.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna be some great games this year looks like I'm going to have to come out and watch a little baseball.

We got Ooltewah at home Saturday at 12 noon! Geno's Pit Stop will be there with the food trailer too! Playing 8 innings varsity an 5 innings JV. You and Eugene need to come on down and just shift your perch on the fence about 100 yards southwest, lol! The boys beat East Hamilton 9-4 in 9 innings playing everybody. Heck Holden relieved Hunter for 2 good innings that game. They then traveled back up the road to Ooltewah and beat Sequatchie County 10-2 playing everybody again. Faced a really good pitcher that signed with CN. Early signs are looking good! They were clicking pretty good after 1 week of practice with the full squad, lol!

We got Ooltewah at home Saturday at 12 noon! Geno's Pit Stop will be there with the food trailer too! Playing 8 innings varsity an 5 innings JV. You and Eugene need to come on down and just shift your perch on the fence about 100 yards southwest, lol! The boys beat East Hamilton 9-4 in 9 innings playing everybody. Heck Holden relieved Hunter for 2 good innings that game. They then traveled back up the road to Ooltewah and beat Sequatchie County 10-2 playing everybody again. Faced a really good pitcher that signed with CN. Early signs are looking good! They were clicking pretty good after 1 week of practice with the full squad, lol!

Grandsons first birthday Sat!Keep the scrimmage schedule on here I would like to see see them before he season starts.Thanks.

Scotts Hill has a scrimmage today vs. in county rival Lexington. First time on the field since #9 snagged the last out in the championship game, so the journey begins now. It's "just" a scrimmage, but it's Lexington...be interesting to see both teams shake the rust off, and just how bad both want this "meaningless" W.

Scotts Hill has a scrimmage today vs. in county rival Lexington. First time on the field since #9 snagged the last out in the championship game, so the journey begins now. It's "just" a scrimmage, but it's Lexington...be interesting to see both teams shake the rust off, and just how bad both want this "meaningless" W.

how did it go?

how did it go?

Went well...both teams are good, didn't know that Lexington had already beat Westview and Jackson Christian. End of 7 SH led 6-3 and pulled their starters. When I left the score was 7-5 and Lexington had pulled their starters beginning the 9th. Glad that both treated it as just a scrimmage...pitchers from both sides pitched two innings and were out, and several different infield combinations were used.

Also good to see the depth that both teams have pitching. Five kids pitched for both squads tonight, and I know that SH held one back to start tomorrows game. Not many teams can claim to put that many quality arms on the mound in 1A... with the new pitch count rules in place that alone could make the difference in out of district games, not to mention how valuable come tourney time.

Edited by tradertwo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...