Malone resigns at Whitwell Per Stephen Hargis

Justmy2cents

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are closer than you even know bluedevil58, several factors are big here:  first community, many have a mindset that a home town guy is the only answer, also unrealistic expectations, being accepted by the people and buying into what is going on, Malone had things going in a very good direction, it was not the players and it was not the coaches, i will not blame the board or the administration but if the turnover figures are as bad as you refer to they are the ones hiring and firing, without stability no program is going to make consistent gains and win that people want them to, referring to a very old movie quote by clint eastwood, a man has got to know his limitations, so do small communities

I did have a whitwell parent tell me that the athletes at Whitwell were just as good as the ones from South Pitt and Marion co. That gives you an indication of how the moms and dads feel about how good their kids are.....

Well, the athletes that they have maybe, but there is the problem, the number of them.