LEWIS CO VS SUMMERTOWN ANOTHER BARN BURNER

selectedgrain

This thread is turning into a trainwreck. I was not in attendance at either game between Summertown/Lewis County, but I do have friends on both sides of this.

I would normally agree with posters that say "let transfers transfer" or whatever. I would have an issue with the transfer as a parent or coach, or even player, if the "transfer" went to camp with one team one week and go with another the following week. And from what I have been told we are not talking about a transfer that only got on the court in blowouts, we are talking about a transfer that started as a 10th grader.

As far as student sections, I see that as a push. Both sides got their say in it, and it sound like it was quite mild. "She's ours now" vs. "You can keep her". I am quite sure the transfer's parents didn't go down and ask the Summertown students to take the paint off or cover up. Heck, they probably encouraged it and blew it up on social media or whatever. So, don't get all up in your feelings when you go to the other school and get what you get. Unless the student section painted that on their chest for Collinwood or Perry County or any other opponent, then it was directed at LC.

Coaches design game plans in order to win, and LC did that. If they allowed the transfer to get hot, by that time it would be too late. No dog in the hunt, but the plan seemed to work.

The telling stat, not 1,000 points or 3-pt record, will be which team plays longer into the post season. "I am a 1,000 point scorer" that didn't make it out of regionals in high school, or "I broke the school record for 3's in a game" but didn't advance to sub state, both make the season a little less memorable. At least the transfer is just a junior, right?

"THE TELLING STAT, NOT 1,000 POINTS OR 3-PT RECORD, WILL BE WHICH TEAM PLAYS LONGER INTO THE POST SEASON."

This thread is turning into a trainwreck. I was not in attendance at either game between Summertown/Lewis County, but I do have friends on both sides of this.

I would normally agree with posters that say "let transfers transfer" or whatever. I would have an issue with the transfer as a parent or coach, or even player, if the "transfer" went to camp with one team one week and go with another the following week. And from what I have been told we are not talking about a transfer that only got on the court in blowouts, we are talking about a transfer that started as a 10th grader.

As far as student sections, I see that as a push. Both sides got their say in it, and it sound like it was quite mild. "She's ours now" vs. "You can keep her". I am quite sure the transfer's parents didn't go down and ask the Summertown students to take the paint off or cover up. Heck, they probably encouraged it and blew it up on social media or whatever. So, don't get all up in your feelings when you go to the other school and get what you get. Unless the student section painted that on their chest for Collinwood or Perry County or any other opponent, then it was directed at LC.

Coaches design game plans in order to win, and LC did that. If they allowed the transfer to get hot, by that time it would be too late. No dog in the hunt, but the plan seemed to work.

The telling stat, not 1,000 points or 3-pt record, will be which team plays longer into the post season. "I am a 1,000 point scorer" that didn't make it out of regionals in high school, or "I broke the school record for 3's in a game" but didn't advance to sub state, both make the season a little less memorable. At least the transfer is just a junior, right?

So, just asking, is this still a valid point?

• Upvote 1