Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Oneida vs. Scott County

• Please log in to reply
    8 replies to this topic

#1 EastTennesseeExpert

EastTennesseeExpert

Competitor

• Members
    • 338 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:11 AM

One thing that has baffled me for many years is why Oneida and Scott County do not play each other. What a gate that would be for both teams. Anybody care to enlighten us on why they don't play. 

Nobody knows more than I do about East Tennessee sports....Nobody.

#2 OLDSCHOOL44

OLDSCHOOL44

Trainer

• Members
    • 219 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:19 AM

Might be because Oneida gets a lot of scott county's athletes SO scott has said the heck with ya

#3 HMSBEARS

HMSBEARS

Camper

• Members
    • 1 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Oneida has been asked many many  times to play Scott, but has declined the offer. Over the years is has become a dead issue, so nobody really cares anymore.

Everybody would agree that it makes sense on so many different levels, but for whatever reason football and basketball ain't gonna happen.

#4 pujo

pujo

Man of Few Words

• CoachT+
    • 21,784 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Would be a fun game but if it causes unnecessary problems,they are better off not playing.

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE MULE,JUST LOAD THE WAGON

#5 EastTennesseeExpert

EastTennesseeExpert

Competitor

• Members
    • 338 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't see why this game isn't played. It wouldn't impact the playoffs for either team.

Nobody knows more than I do about East Tennessee sports....Nobody.

#6 pujo

pujo

Man of Few Words

• CoachT+
    • 21,784 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't see why this game isn't played. It wouldn't impact the playoffs for either team.

Bet it would bring a big gate at either place. I,m sure people has there reasons for not playing.

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE MULE,JUST LOAD THE WAGON

#7 wingman10

wingman10

God Bless America!

• Members
    • 37,741 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

concessions would do well

#8 Jet Pride

Jet Pride

Champion

• CoachT+
    • 2,050 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Oneida will not play Scott.

#9 TheOgre78

TheOgre78

Trainer

• Members
    • 201 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Oneida has been asked many many  times to play Scott, but has declined the offer. Over the years is has become a dead issue, so nobody really cares anymore.

Everybody would agree that it makes sense on so many different levels, but for whatever reason football and basketball ain't gonna happen.

Yep, this has been a hot topic for years here in the county to the point were it's became obvious it's not going to happen. They play in soccer and baseball "I think" but not basketball(have played in tournaments recent years I believe) and football. Scott won the last 7-8 games way back in the 80s(?) then they quit playing, that's not saying they shouldn't play now, both programs have been competitive the last decade and longer. Older friends and family told me fighting at games and the week leading up to games was awful and that's one reason the series ended but that was then. I've been all for a Scott vs Oneida game since I was a kid, or heck even just a spring or fall jamboree instead of both traveling to play teams. Oneida is a 2A now, Scott 3A so I'd like to see it happen, I'm not holding my breath though.

Spirit Style Chooser: