Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Random: 92 points by Lamelo ball. How?

• Please log in to reply
    15 replies to this topic

#1 TonyG

TonyG

Competitor

• Members
    • 395 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Since i just about talk you guys daily I wanted to hear anyone,s opinion of it if you haven't seen it by now. Lamelo Ball ,of the internet famous ball brothers, dropped 92 last night on an less than inferior team in a extremely wacky game. He had 41 pts in the fourth quarter alone and spent most of the game just camping out at the free throw line waiting for a hail marry for a easy finish. I'll post the video below and i didnt bother watching the entire thing because around the 7 minute mark you'll see everything you need to see about the game. Would a team in our state even let something like this go on? 

#2 QSouth89

QSouth89

Record Holder

• Members
    • 3,342 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

No defense. If you watch the whole video he wouldn't even come back on defense himself.

#3 TonyG

TonyG

Competitor

• Members
    • 395 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

No defense. If you watch the whole video he wouldn't even come back on defense himself.

As a fan i wouldve walked out of the gym as soon as i saw the all star game type play start.

#4 MDLTNHPZ

MDLTNHPZ

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 44 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

To me this is a joke and a mockery of basketball. He was 7 of 22 or 23 from three point range and most everything else was a layup. Not sure how often he crossed half court on defense. How did the opposing coach allow that to happen?

#5 tonym3143

tonym3143

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 97 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's disrespectful in so many ways

#6 TonyG

TonyG

Competitor

• Members
    • 395 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Whats even more sad imo is the guys who are standing up for the 92 saying that "hey 92 points is 92 points" which is not the case. ive seen more defense in a 3 on 1 break than this.

#7 PantherTown

PantherTown

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 82 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

I have happened to see some of the game footage on Twitter and Large sports/basketball accounts have mocked at his 92 points. This is also the same way his brother, a senior on the team had 71 earlier in the season.

Terrible basketball.

But also, I would have to pose a question to the opposing coach.. If you see a team only had 4 defenders, how do you not get a good look offensively to score or to send a player back on D when the shot goes up.?

#8 Bamapappy

Bamapappy

Trainer

• Members
    • 148 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Almost makes you think the other coach was "down" with it when you watch the tape. I agree with you all how ever put a guy back, heck put 2 back....geez

#9 wingman10

wingman10

God Bless America!

• Members
    • 37,663 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

he shot

#10 Mrsports

Mrsports

Manager

• Members
    • 29 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

He also scored all those points for a little girl, that was put in the hospital due to a heart transplant at his school.

Spirit Style Chooser: