Whitehaven coach has schedule woes

CoachT

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother, Coach Saulsberry has so much diplomacy, couth and class... :thumb:

Well I am his anger translator... Simple and plain I have TOLD YOU folks on CoachT that TEAMS (Coaches and ADs mainly) don't want it with US... There are certain teams out here that have the MONEY to BUYOUT a cupcake on their schedule, or even move them around on the schedule in order to sign a home/home with US and play YET they REFUSE.

*Disclaimer* I have no insight on any particular program BUT I bet this is happening right now with someone in our Tri-State area (Eastern AR, Northern MS and ALL of West TN) and maybe parts of Middle TN and/or AL that simply don't want it. Folks LOVE talking about how we don't play nobody... Nobody want it with us!!!

Where the Private Schools at? Where the Big MS schools at? Where the little, yet strong West TN Programs at (1A-3A)?

You see Lausanne back on the schedule?!?!? You know why? Cause Locastro got GUTS! He's a real Mayne! Where the other coaches and ADs with GUTS at?!?!

I tell you what, this aint a shock to me but I am sure it's a shock to somebody. K-Dub and Me been saying it tho, these folks don't really want to play us... UNLESS they can treat us like a Memphis 1A or 2A public school and have us come to their spot, ONLY. Sign the Home and Home, we on or are ABOVE yo level, Sign the Home and Home and take them TWO Ls! 

People have trouble all the time if they are good. The new alignment doesn't help but this has always been a problem. Curious to know who whitehaven reached out to. Did they call Oakland who needed a game, did they call Alcoa who usually needs a game, did they call BA, Ensworth, or MBA that usually travel out of state, how about PC. How about south panola or one of the better Mississippi schools.

People have trouble all the time if they are good. The new alignment doesn't help but this has always been a problem. Curious to know who whitehaven reached out to. Did they call Oakland who needed a game, did they call Alcoa who usually needs a game, did they call BA, Ensworth, or MBA that usually travel out of state, how about PC. How about south panola or one of the better Mississippi schools.

I am telling you how this goes... Alcoa, imho, Isn't a viable option. Everyone else you named, I AM saying they don't want it.

Why is Alcoa not an option. And I have no idea about the Mississippi schools but the Tn schools I named I don't think they fear whitehaven. Regardless, did y'all reach out to them.

Alcoa is 6 hours, at least away... IF they are willing and able to roll to Da Haven, I seriously doubt they are, but if they are willing to do such then they are an option, but I don't believe they would even want to travel to Nashville to meet up with us so their distance alone makes them not an option, to me... Memphis has a 4 hour radius that has some great football towns in it that I think we'd be better served to reach out to.

Cities within Memphis' 4 hour radius include Little Rock, St. Louis, Nashville, Jackson, TN and MS, Huntsville, Birmingham, the Missouri boothill. A 6 hour trip seems unrealistic to go against another TN school.

When I saw the new alignment i KNEW Whitehaven was going to have scheduling issues.

I knew it.

I knew it.

I knew it.

I've already talked about my concerns in some other threads. I'm not going to rehash this ... AGAIN.

I AM NOT SURPRISED!

Work ... I'm not on the coaching staff so I don't know the answers to your questions. However, I've had conversations with the HC on past occasions about scheduling. It has always been a problem. It has been a problem for YEARS. There is no reason why a 6A school in Memphis with a very good following can't get a game with a team locally. We aren't some rural school that is far from other schools. We aren't a losing program that does not have a fan base.

Having only four teams in our region hurts, but that isn't WHY we can't get people to play us. 

Home and Home. Come on folks ... sign the contract. We come to your place and play. The NEXT SEASON, you come to ours. It's only fair. It is the right thing to do. However, at this point ... sheesh!

If we get schools in the Memphis area who ONLY want us to come to THEIR place! I say nope. We are NOT Westwood or BTW or 'throw in a small urban school from Memphis here'. 

I told you BHS that this was going to be an issue. As SOON as I saw the new region alignment.

Hopefully, two schools will step up to the plate.

SMH

Edited by kwc

You still didn't answer if those have been reached out to. I'm just curious because I know some schools do have problems getting teams to play and I'm sure whitehaven is one of them but have all options really been gone through or is the coach being picky. The article made it sound like the coach was being picky about who be played and now can't get a game. I would love to see whitehaven and PC play at the hole or even vandy. Whitehaven and BA would be good too although I think BA would roll.

You still didn't answer if those have been reached out to. I'm just curious because I know some schools do have problems getting teams to play and I'm sure whitehaven is one of them but have all options really been gone through or is the coach being picky. The article made it sound like the coach was being picky about who be played and now can't get a game. I would love to see whitehaven and PC play at the hole or even vandy. Whitehaven and BA would be good too although I think BA would roll.

Listen, the "large" Private schools in our city won't play us, what makes you think BA wants the game, let alone would roll?! Y'all not reading with comprehension