Whitehaven coach has schedule woes

CoachT

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See y'all being picky. Ha ha

Work:

There were some BA folk who came into a thread and swore up and down that their coaches called Whitehaven and asked for a game and we refused. I don't know about that. If you read the coach's comments he said ... "It's football, let's play!" Does that sound like somebody trying to duck a team?

I'm not going to elaborate on here ... but there is another factor that is come into play. I'll put it like this. We can get a game with BA, or CBHS, or any other large private school. The problem with that is this ... THEY AREN'T WILLING to come to Whitehaven the next season. Why on earth does Whitehaven always have to come to the other team's field? Why can't they return the favor?

BHS, DaHaven should call Mt Juliet about playing a home and home series in the future. Schedule this year and next probably full; but I would think Trey would be interested for 2019 and 20.

Honestly BKisler, I prefer when Whitehaven leaves off 6A teams that they may see in the playoffs. That's my personal preference. Whitehaven looks one way on film. Totally different when it's up close and personal. I understand that Whitehaven might have to do something like that if they can't find teams to play ... but it's not something I'm in favor of doing. Honestly, I'd much rather travel to Dallas, and/or to New Orleans. We are already going to E. St. Louis. Let's go West and South as well if need be.

However, just think about it. Region 7 has Arlignton, Collierville, Houston, Bartlett, and Cordova. If Whitehaven is going to play a 6A team that is not in Region 8 ... why not play one of them? I'm sure we would if we could. 

At this point, I'm sure Coach Saulsberry would be willing.

Edited by kwc

When I saw the new alignment i KNEW Whitehaven was going to have scheduling issues.

I knew it.

I knew it.

I knew it.

I've already talked about my concerns in some other threads. I'm not going to rehash this ... AGAIN.

I AM NOT SURPRISED!

Work ... I'm not on the coaching staff so I don't know the answers to your questions. However, I've had conversations with the HC on past occasions about scheduling. It has always been a problem. It has been a problem for YEARS. There is no reason why a 6A school in Memphis with a very good following can't get a game with a team locally. We aren't some rural school that is far from other schools. We aren't a losing program that does not have a fan base.

Having only four teams in our region hurts, but that isn't WHY we can't get people to play us.

Home and Home. Come on folks ... sign the contract. We come to your place and play. The NEXT SEASON, you come to ours. It's only fair. It is the right thing to do. However, at this point ... sheesh!

If we get schools in the Memphis area who ONLY want us to come to THEIR place! I say nope. We are NOT Westwood or BTW or 'throw in a small urban school from Memphis here'.

I told you BHS that this was going to be an issue. As SOON as I saw the new region alignment.

Hopefully, two schools will step up to the plate.

SMH

I see from the article that the rumor we talked about a few weeks ago (Whitehaven vs Lausanne) turned out to be true! I look forward to that game, should be a good one! Any idea when/where it will be?

As far as the topic at hand, like someone said earlier, most successful programs have trouble finding games. I've heard Lausanne is still looking for a couple more games as well (can they play Whitehaven twice in one year? Lol) and they can't even pay some of the Memphis City schools to play. I won't pretend to know what sort of talk (if any) has occurred with BA or MBA, but I do doubt that either side is running from the challenge. I would imagine something to the effect of not needing to fill the same weeks or something like that.