Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

John Olive New AD AT Tullahoma And Out Has Coach

• Please log in to reply
    13 replies to this topic

#1 mjuhb

mjuhb

Most Valuable Player

• Members
    • 5,937 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:58 AM

Jerry Mathis already has a title has Assistant Principal. So i assume he can keep his seat on the board of control. And last who gets hired has head coach.

#2 1DanLawson

1DanLawson

Camper

• Members
    • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:38 PM

Your headline is incorrect.  Coach Olive HAS been named AD for 2017-2018 but has NOT been removed from his football coaching assignment.  We have every hope and expectation of a very successful season with Coach Olive at our helm. I made the call.

#3 PAS

PAS

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 10 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:41 PM

Sounds like trouble is brewing in t-town. From whats going around Mathis was shown the door. Long overdue if its true.

#4 RLA53

RLA53

Camper

• Members
    • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:18 PM

Your headline is incorrect.  Coach Olive HAS been named AD for 2017-2018 but has NOT been removed from his football coaching assignment.  We have every hope and expectation of a very successful season with Coach Olive at our helm. I made the call.

I applaud the decision  on naming Olive as AD. I also thank Coach Mathis for his service as baseball coach, teacher, AD at THS.

As far as the football program for 2017. I hope the best for THS, and have  great respect for Coach Olive, and what he has done over the years. And I agree with all those who praise Olive  as a molder of young men.

However the past two win less seasons in football is not acceptable.  I realize they  were injuries, and probably off the field problems that I am not aware of. But THS was soundly beaten  week after week, even by some of the weaker teams on the schedule.

Edited by RLA53, 13 February 2017 - 08:31 AM.

#5 rebelboy121

rebelboy121

Challenger

• Members
    • 607 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:36 AM

If what I was told he should not have been on the Board of Control anyway.  If he is working on a 100 day contract, that is not considered full time.

#6 PAS

PAS

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 10 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:54 AM

Wonder why a 100 day contact? What purpose would that serve?

#7 RLA53

RLA53

Camper

• Members
    • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:51 AM

Mathis was a good baseball coach, but it was high time for him retire from the AD job. I blame him for the bad hires he has made in selecting basketball coaches. And the overall direction of the sports programs. 

#8 devilsden

devilsden

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,108 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:52 AM

Draw retirement and still get paid 1/2 his salary?

#9 PAS

PAS

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 10 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:11 PM

Sounds like there could be some legal issues as well.

#10 wingman10

wingman10

God Bless America!

• Members
    • 37,741 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:12 PM

I applaud the decision  on naming Olive as AD. I also thank Coach Mathis for his service as baseball coach, teacher, AD at THS.

As far as the football program for 2017. I hope the best for THS, and have  great respect for Coach Olive, and what he has done over the years. And I agree with all those who praise Olive  as a molder of young men.

However the past two win less seasons in football is not acceptable.  I realize they  were injuries, and probably off the field problems that I am not aware of. But THS was soundly beaten  week after week, even by some of the weaker teams on the schedule.

talent level has been the difference

Spirit Style Chooser: