Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Refs

• Please log in to reply
    27 replies to this topic

#1 Indian

Indian

Hall of Famer

• CoachT+
    • 14,878 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:12 AM

Watching a game on film from earlier in the season, the opponent isn't as important as 3 refs failed to call anything-despite the ball being right there-when a player clearly kicks another in the head as both are on the floor scrambling for a loose ball. How does that go uncalled? Bias toward home team vs another from outside the officiating area, laziness, just not wanting to fool with an ejection? It was really pathetic.

Edited by Indian, 11 February 2017 - 12:15 AM.

#2 6aaabasketball

6aaabasketball

Manager

• Members
    • 29 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:58 AM

It's an upper Cumberland issue 100% to many men and women wearing the stripes that have major egos and cannot leave them at there job site or in the locker room before they leave to come onto the gym floor that night to do a job which is govern the rules that the National Federatin. Not changing rules or calling how they feel during the game. It's a shame that with the quality of basketball in this area that the professionalism of the officials is not up to that standard.

#3 MDLTNHPZ

MDLTNHPZ

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 46 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:27 AM

It's an upper Cumberland issue 100% to many men and women wearing the stripes that have major egos and cannot leave them at there job site or in the locker room before they leave to come onto the gym floor that night to do a job which is govern the rules that the National Federatin. Not changing rules or calling how they feel during the game. It's a shame that with the quality of basketball in this area that the professionalism of the officials is not up to that standard.

Did you ever hit that on the head. The officiating in the Upper Cumberland is as bad as I've ever seen. The way they will single out a player and make themselves front and center is terrible. The calls and no calls. I saw two officials that do high school games working a middle school game where a player was lying on the floor and another play stomped him in the chest and no call was made. The level of ability and desire to be front and center is terrible.

#4 Play 4 Fun

Play 4 Fun

Competitor

• Members
    • 426 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:08 PM

Did you ever hit that on the head. The officiating in the Upper Cumberland is as bad as I've ever seen. The way they will single out a player and make themselves front and center is terrible. The calls and no calls. I saw two officials that do high school games working a middle school game where a player was lying on the floor and another play stomped him in the chest and no call was made. The level of ability and desire to be front and center is terrible.

Just curious but was this in a Pickett vs Prescott middle school game? Because if so, the film doesn't support your argument.

#5 UTRok

UTRok

Trainer

• Members
    • 229 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:12 PM

Just curious but was this in a Pickett vs Prescott middle school game? Because if so, the film doesn't support your argument.

I have a son on the Prescott team and yes the video does support it as well as the shoe print on the kids jersey and the bruise on his chest. All of which the principal has photos of. I was there yes it happened. 

Edited by UTRok, 11 February 2017 - 01:12 PM.

#6 hsbbfn

hsbbfn

Trainer

• Members
    • 151 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:47 PM

I feel your pain! I agree with you except it's not just in your area,it seems to be most everywhere! I know that they used to make 85 for the doubleheader if so that's about 82.50 too much. You're absolutely right that they think the game is about them.Just make the calls and let players and coaches win or lose the game!

#7 panthers1823

panthers1823

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 13 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:40 PM

I have a son on the Prescott team and yes the video does support it as well as the shoe print on the kids jersey and the bruise on his chest. All of which the principal has photos of. I was there yes it happened.

Was this game at Pickett?

#8 UTRok

UTRok

Trainer

• Members
    • 229 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:05 PM

No at Prescott boys game.

#9 Play 4 Fun

Play 4 Fun

Competitor

• Members
    • 426 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:00 PM

No at Prescott boys game.

But was it the Pickett at Prescott boys game I meant? Bcuz the film definitely didn't show anything malicious on that. If that's what you're talking about I remember the specific play. It was a weird play, but nothing intentional about it or anything like that. But, that's off topic as to what this thread was about. I was just curious.

#10 ecu

ecu

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,268 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:48 AM

Is anyone ever happy with refs? They have a tough job but some do make it about themselves. Just call the game and ignore the people in the stands.

Spirit Style Chooser: