Refs

Indian

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a State issue, the refs think they can talk to you any type of way and you can't say anything back to them. I think all the refs need to be evaluated every week on they performance on the court. Also, you can't have 3 bad refs somebody has to be a good ref

Good post! They get paid too much to have ego problem. Its not just Upper Cumberland its all over. West Tn has some of the worse officials, too many who didnt play or dont know the game. Many are too old and get assigned games where they cant keep up. Too many times they make calls out of position or miss calls for the same reason. Yes, its a hard job but you gotta be fair and willing to work and improve

I have a solution for the bad referring that you are watching. Get up off your butt and sign up to officiate the games. That way you can help solve these injustices you are clearly seeing from your seat in the stands. You people clearly know all the rules so all you need to do is get in shape! Wait.... I'm sure you're already in shape so let's all join the refs and solve these issues once and for all what do you say?

Is that what happened? I see two different opinions on this thread...,

Not what happened... I was there... I have the film.... both players fell to the ground... PC player was first one up and tried to leap over player still on ground... player tried to get up at the exact time PC player was trying to go over... and bam... contact...

To a "Mommy from the stands that doesn't know basketball" it looked like a bad play...

To anyone who's WATCHED alot of basketball, it was a basketball play.

The real "foul" in that game was the parent who tried to go into the locker room after the game to confront a 14 yr old.

Agree with my friend 100%!!!!

You think you can do better? Lace em up and get out there!! I hear they're short handed and could use some more "unbiased" eyes.

UCSportsFan and UCPrepShowcase you all must be officials?

No i've been an asst coach and a head coach so i'm on the opposite side of it and i've seen my share of ref's that struggled to make calls but i've also seen my share of the coaches and players that struggle to make the right call or that made mistakes during the game.  I'm as passionate about  getting it right as anyone, but no one is perfect.  I've seen it from the other side's point of view and let me tell you its not easy to make the right call every time.  There just aren't a lot of people signing up to referee games anymore so what are they to do?  

No i've been an asst coach and a head coach so i'm on the opposite side of it and i've seen my share of ref's that struggled to make calls but i've also seen my share of the coaches and players that struggle to make the right call or that made mistakes during the game.  I'm as passionate about  getting it right as anyone, but no one is perfect.  I've seen it from the other side's point of view and let me tell you its not easy to make the right call every time.  There just aren't a lot of people signing up to referee games anymore so what are they to do?  

I've been an official, asst coach, head coach, and I've seen 1000's of games... officiating is a thankless job.... 

I've been an official, asst coach, head coach, and I've seen 1000's of games... officiating is a thankless job.... 

Got cha! No one is perfect but man I think this year is all time worse for officiating. I just wish refs would be more consistent as a crew. One makes a call and the calls total opposite on an exact play, things like that. Or, call 1st half one way then come out and call 2nd half totally different. And it is a thankless job, but I have seen in the past and played under some great officiated games, at least it seemed really balanced. There are a lot of officials that are just getting a check and not passionate about the job. Many did not play or coach and seem to not know anything about the game. Also the assigners should take into consideration the caliber of games that they assign refs to. IMO. Putting 3 refs, one overweight, one bad kness and one bad back in a Haywood vs Humboldt boys game isn't really smart?