Clarksville Academy

topnight

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talent level here is low. They are on par with the rest of the tiny division schools. I expect CA to be in the 2nd tier of teams after NCS, MTCS and DA. They have very few, if any, players that can compete in higher divisions.

I'm not real familiar with the talent level on this team as a whole, but I do think there are a couple of kids on CA's team that could play in higher divisions. Longwell and Robinson could play and start for any team in the city. IMO

NCS and FCS will dominate this league.  MTCS, DCA, CA, DA, along with a couple others will be in the thick of things, but the championship games should involve those two schools until some of the others progress a little more.   

FCS has not played NCS in recent memory.  I believe FCS will be strong this fall with a large group of senior leadership with high expectations. Having said that, DCA is well coached, disciplined and always seems to bring it.  DA is also very well coached and has a good returning group with a strong QB and RB and some experience on the line.  Should be interesting.

NCS and FCS will dominate this league. MTCS, DCA, CA, DA, along with a couple others will be in the thick of things, but the championship games should involve those two schools until some of the others progress a little more.

haha

DCA's freshman class of 15 kids was well rounded and had two tailbacks that could put up big numbers. You know very little about them, recent history, and the overall program if you think they need to progress more.

If it was last years Div IIA you would be correct for them to "progress a little" but that does not apply now.

NCS and FCS will dominate this league.  MTCS, DCA, CA, DA, along with a couple others will be in the thick of things, but the championship games should involve those two schools until some of the others progress a little more.   

Why FCS? They are coming off a pretty avg year. I say DA is the favorite to win state this year. They return an All State QB, the RB (who was the Region MVP) and a great line. I think NCS will be the other team to beat along with FCS. DCA and MTCS fall into the next group IMO. 

DCA has been on the decline for the past few years. MS teams have been non-competitive for several years now. Gonna be very average moving forward. I agree on FCS. Oversight on my part.

Haha you have no clue about DCA. DCA always gets transfers as freshman from metro. DCA has had enough talent and coaching to beat DA almost every year since DAs inception and had it not been for bad turnovers and DAs best effort last year DCA would have beaten DA for the 25th time. DA winning 1 game every 5 years is not a trend. Especially when DA has lost by a decent margin.

Honestly to suggest DCA will be average when they've boat raced DA for years doesn't say much for DA. It's about talent and coaching in HS (MS is meaningless indicator because of transfers in/out) and DCA has proven it's good enough to beat DA soundly for years.

DA is a notch below DCA, FCS and NCS yearly until they string together some wins against them.

Edited by Playerscoach

I agree with playerscoach, FCS, NCS, are the top two in the division, DCA, and then DA closely behind.  After them, it will be a toss up.  MTCS, King's, MJCA, Jackson Christian, CA are all teams that can compete with each other and battle for third and fourth place in their districts. NCS has to be the favorite to win the championship. This division will be much more competitive now without Webb, BGA, FRA, Lausanne, etc. 

Why FCS? They are coming off a pretty avg year. I say DA is the favorite to win state this year. They return an All State QB, the RB (who was the Region MVP) and a great line. I think NCS will be the other team to beat along with FCS. DCA and MTCS fall into the next group IMO.

I don't think DA will be as good in 2017 as they were in 2016. ;)