Loudon Football

2goldenrings

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree! If they want to be competitive they are going to have to pay $$$$$!!

I miss the days when Maryville played Loudon. When I was at Maryville back in the seventies that was a tough game always and having played in those series back then you could have never told me I would see the day when Loudon Football would be in this kind of mess. Since then the town of Maryville took off and grew like a weed and surpassed all those smaller schools but it was much tougher to get into the playoffs back then with only three classes and eight teams picked to go into the playoff's. 

I miss the days when Maryville played Loudon. When I was at Maryville back in the seventies that was a tough game always and having played in those series back then you could have never told me I would see the day when Loudon Football would be in this kind of mess. Since then the town of Maryville took off and grew like a weed and surpassed all those smaller schools but it was much tougher to get into the playoffs back then with only three classes and eight teams picked to go into the playoff's. 

The OT game at Everett in 75' was an incredible game! Loudon went on to win back to back state titles!! I think Maryville won the regular season game that year! Two great teams!

The OT game at Everett in 75' was an incredible game! Loudon went on to win back to back state titles!! I think Maryville won the regular season game that year! Two great teams!

Yep we won in four overtimes at Maryville that year 17-14 and lost in two overtimes at Everett. That was Barney's last high school football game.

Yep we won in four overtimes at Maryville that year 17-14 and lost in two overtimes at Everett. That was Barney's last high school football game.

Well Harig interviewed Thursday! After being there for over 15 years not real sure why he even had to? Hopefully they will announce him HC on Monday! Go Redskins!

What seemed to be a promising announcement for a Head Coach has been pushed back again. Runor has it, that they pushed it back for another coach to interview. Not sure who the next interview is, but for them to continue to push it back makes me wonder if they are trying to find someone other than Harig??

Cardwell from Boyd is also in the running for this job. Its his if he wants it.

It should be, but as mentioned before if rumor is correct, they have another interview today. If that is true, it would be hard to announce it like most schools normally do, with the new head coach coming in to talk with the players, unless the interview today is who they plan to go with. In that case it would not be Harig.