Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

3A rankings for 2017

• Please log in to reply
    78 replies to this topic

#1 32hammer

32hammer

Challenger

• Members
    • 517 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:51 PM

1. Alcoa
    2. Pearl Cohn
    3. Trezvant
    4. Austin East
    5. Milan
    6. Stratford
    7. Raleigh
    8. Fairview 
    9. Sequatchie
    10. Red Bank

I'm ready for spring practice. So here is my unofficial rankings for 3A . thoughts?

Edited by 32hammer, 16 February 2017 - 02:03 PM.

#2 DwightKSchrute

DwightKSchrute

Contender

• Members
    • 762 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:31 PM

1 and 2 will be the teams to beat for sure

West Carroll War Eagles.     www.facebook.com/WCFOOTBALL

#3 Swarm

Swarm

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,174 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:56 PM

Fairview won't be a top 10 3a team this year.
    1 and 2 are a lock for Cookeville IMO though.

#4 howdoitknow

howdoitknow

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,976 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:57 PM

Alcoa will definitely be there. Austin-East is their biggest challenge in East-TN.

Milan and Trezevant will be the team's to beat in West-TN.

Pearl-Cohn will be the favorite to come out of the midstate. Stratford (if Fitzgerald stays) and Giles will be good and Fairview will be efficient as always. I think Cheatham will be very good with what they have returning also.

Edited by howdoitknow, 16 February 2017 - 05:59 PM.

#5 Booger

Booger

Record Holder

• CoachT+
    • 4,232 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

there need s to be an official 2nd place gold ball TSSAA...now that ND has left the PUBS; there will never be another title holder until Aluminum City moves up/down, gets caught and given death penalty or they discontinue the football program and put hardwood alleys on top of that cheap turf

Booger just sayin169.GIF

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and passed on to them to do the same. 40th President of the United States

#6 workinprogress

workinprogress

Champion

• Members
    • 2,606 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

Personally I don't see Fitzgerald staying at Stratford.

#7 DwightKSchrute

DwightKSchrute

Contender

• Members
    • 762 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

Alcoa will definitely be there. Austin-East is their biggest challenge in East-TN.

Pearl-Cohn will be the favorite to come out of the midstate. Stratford (if Fitzgerald stays) and Giles will be good and Fairview will be efficient as always. I think Cheatham will be very good with what they have returning also.

What does Austin East have coming back? I know they were a top 5 last yr in 2A.

West Carroll War Eagles.     www.facebook.com/WCFOOTBALL

#8 FBfan26

FBfan26

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,947 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”Spring ball is cool but we will still be on the black top! πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨ #PcVsEverybody

Edited by FBfan26, 4 weeks ago.

#9 32hammer

32hammer

Challenger

• Members
    • 517 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

I think you are spot on. I don't know much about Cheatham.  What can you tell me about them and Giles?

#10 32hammer

32hammer

Challenger

• Members
    • 517 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

What does Austin East have coming back? I know they were a top 5 last yr in 2A.

A-E lost their All state QB. He's headed to Coastal Carolina. They lost their top 4 receivers and top 2 rushing leaders. They'll have some young athletes step up in the skill positions. Curious to see what their line looks like next year.

Spirit Style Chooser: