Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

District 1-A

• Please log in to reply
    38 replies to this topic

#1 Rebel82

Rebel82

Trainer

• Members
    • 218 posts

Posted A week ago

It's been pretty quiet on here this season regarding this district. Is anyone interested?

Tonight at Daniel Boone:
    North Greene vs Unaka 4:00
    Cloudland vs University 7:00

NG vs Unaka could be barn burner. The winner will move on to face South Greene in the semi's Saturday at 4:00.

Cloudland should be the easy pick but does University have a surprise up their sleeve like last year against Hampton? The winner of that game will face Hampton Saturday at 7:00.

#2 NOMOSHOW

NOMOSHOW

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 13 posts

Posted A week ago

Does Northview get Cloudland?

#3 Rebel82

Rebel82

Trainer

• Members
    • 218 posts

Posted A week ago

Won't know that until after district tournament. If Northview finishes 1st and Cloudland 4th in district, then yes.

Edited by Rebel82, A week ago.

#4 Rebel82

Rebel82

Trainer

• Members
    • 218 posts

Posted A week ago

So much for that barn burner. Lol. Unaka wins 55-28. North Greene is finished for the year and Unaka will play South Greene tomorrow night.

#5 dogtruth

dogtruth

Contender

• Members
    • 752 posts

Posted A week ago

So much for that barn burner. Lol. Unaka wins 55-28. North Greene is finished for the year and Unaka will play South Greene tomorrow night.

South Greene is the obvious favorite to represent District 1 again in Murfreesboro. I would like to see another District 1 team also make the Boro. Does anyone think there is a chance of that? 

"Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself" Paul Bear Bryant

#6 Rebel82

Rebel82

Trainer

• Members
    • 218 posts

Posted A week ago

South Greene is the obvious favorite to represent District 1 again in Murfreesboro. I would like to see another District 1 team also make the Boro. Does anyone think there is a chance of that?

I've been wondering the same thing. Have you had a chance to see Northview? I know they popped into the polls early on and have a good record but not much of a schedule. Assuming they are about the same as their team last year, I think there's a chance in two from district one moving to substate. Region two is usually tough, but may be down a little this year from last. I always expect to see Meigs in the mix somewhere.

#7 dogtruth

dogtruth

Contender

• Members
    • 752 posts

Posted A week ago

I've been wondering the same thing. Have you had a chance to see Northview? I know they popped into the polls early on and have a good record but not much of a schedule. Assuming they are about the same as their team last year, I think there's a chance in two from district one moving to substate. Region two is usually tough, but may be down a little this year from last. I always expect to see Meigs in the mix somewhere.

No, I have not seen Northview. I agree, they also have a good record but not so sure about the competition. Meigs will be tough, especially at their place. I think South Greene is the only District 1 team with a great shot of defeating them at Meigs. However, I would be shocked if South Greene isn't hosting sub-state at home. The other District One teams would have to play lights out, but it isn't like it is impossible.

"Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself" Paul Bear Bryant

#8 Rebel82

Rebel82

Trainer

• Members
    • 218 posts

Posted A week ago

No, I have not seen Northview. I agree, they also have a good record but not so sure about the competition. Meigs will be tough, especially at their place. I think South Greene is the only District 1 team with a great shot of defeating them at Meigs. However, I would be shocked if South Greene isn't hosting sub-state at home. The other District One teams would have to play lights out, but it isn't like it is impossible.

Nothing shocks me anymore. As an SG fan, I am more confident in their ability substate on, than I am district. Everyone in the district knows our style well enough to prepare and if caught on an off night, the lady Rebels could find themselves with a loss. I'm hoping they are on their game this tournament.

#9 crazzyness

crazzyness

Medalist

• Validating
    • 1,636 posts

Posted A week ago

Would love to see how NV matches up with SG. They have a gaudy record for sure. But playing in a super weak single A district with 800+ students will tend to do that. I'm not sold on them yet.

#10 wingman10

wingman10

God Bless America!

• Members
    • 37,663 posts

Posted A week ago

SG is a good team

Spirit Style Chooser: