6A 2017 Rankings

32hammer

You and me are alot alike in that school of thought. But without knowing 100% of the situation a part of me says this is foreshadowing that came at a good time. If Mom and Dad will drop everything and jump, he might be used to more pampering than Blackman could provide .

My last post did not come through...just saw that only the quote did.  It is unfortunate the way that everything worked out but in the end a decision had to be mad for what was best for the family.  Disappointing to see adults taking shots at a 16 year old kid.  It wasn't about a girl...the extreme difference in culture probably did play a role but there were some other larger life changing factors that also led to him feeling the need to go back to DA.  He will continue to have a great career at DA and he will continue to be recruited...coaches are already contacting DA again to come see him there.  Blackman will still be incredible this year.  All is good...the move just didn't work out as planned.  Lets all take the high road and just move on and cheer for our kids and teams.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My last post did not come through...just saw that only the quote did.  It is unfortunate the way that everything worked out but in the end a decision had to be mad for what was best for the family.  Disappointing to see adults taking shots at a 16 year old kid.  It wasn't about a girl...the extreme difference in culture probably did play a role but there were some other larger life changing factors that also led to him feeling the need to go back to DA.  He will continue to have a great career at DA and he will continue to be recruited...coaches are already contacting DA again to come see him there.  Blackman will still be incredible this year.  All is good...the move just didn't work out as planned.  Lets all take the high road and just move on and cheer for our kids and teams.

Commando, 

You obviously have a better relationship with this player and his family.  I apologize if you think I was taking a shot at a kid. I simply said what players told their parents the reason why he was leaving.  I would also expand on the 'his butt would be on the seats at Blackman "sentiment. I would never move my son to play ball somewhere unless we as a family talked through this at some length. It would not be his decision, my decision or my wife's, it would be a family decision that we would deliberate and pray over for quite sometime before we made that move.  I just moved 1/2  a mile from  previous home and I know the expense was crazy. It is not something I would be able to do without planning and budgeting. That's why I said if I moved, my kids would have to tough it out.  As for his future it will no doubt be bright. I watched his highlights over and over, and he is a, talented young man and will be fine. I do know recruiters look at moving from school to school somewhat negatively, depending on the driving factors for it. Will this keep him from going to college? Not likely. Last point ties back to the very first statement. You know them better than any of us. If there are family reasons that were driving force in the move back, I commend the kid. God FAMILY then football... and I will be praying that whatever it is, it is His plan for them. 

Edited by Blaze45

That was an interesting read. 

Commando,

You obviously have a better relationship with this player and his family. I apologize if you think I was taking a shot at a kid. I simply said what players told their parents the reason why he was leaving. I would also expand on the 'his butt would be on the seats at Blackman "sentiment. I would never move my son to play ball somewhere unless we as a family talked through this at some length. It would not be his decision, my decision or my wife's, it would be a family decision that we would deliberate and pray over for quite sometime before we made that move. I just moved 1/2 a mile from previous home and I know the expense was crazy. It is not something I would be able to do without planning and budgeting. That's why I said if I moved, my kids would have to tough it out. As for his future it will no doubt be bright. I watched his highlights over and over, and he is a, talented young man and will be fine. I do know recruiters look at moving from school to school somewhat negatively, depending on the driving factors for it. Will this keep him from going to college? Not likely. Last point ties back to the very first statement. You know them better than any of us. If there are family reasons that were driving force in the move back, I commend the kid. God FAMILY then football... and I will be praying that whatever it is, it is His plan for them.

I had to reread and try to figure out where was the shot at a kid because I didn't see one. Edited by FBfan26