5A 2017 rankings

32hammer

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just giving an example of how easy it is for someone to have multiple allegiances. Especially of something trivial, like high school sports.

Nut, it's catswild. He has a hard time processing things like this. God forbid don't ever wish another team best wishes, either. Especially a team like Clinton before a game like I did one time. This stuff is as serious as life or death, and Clinton is looked to by him as if they are the Islamic State. Tread lightly.

Edited by SweetScience

Let me get this straight...originally you were an OR fan and now you're an HVA fan. First of all how does an OR fan EVER become an HVA fan? Next, since you're an HVA fan why are you so involved with OR to the point where on one hand you defend the coaches and in your next breath you're questioning the coaching staff's distribution of the ball? You're one contradictory dude!

I worked in Oak Ridge from 75 - 92. Relocated to Florida then Texas.  When we moved back 2005 after retirement we found a (cheaper) home in West Knoxville.  My grandchildren attend HVA (2 have since graduated) and my youngest is in Cedar Bluff. I actually live off Northshore but my grandchildren played soccer, track, and football at HVA.

Edited by GIJoe

I think Oak Ridge coaches have done a good job according to what many of you put at the beginning of the season the last couple of years.  8-4; 7-3; 5-5. Yet they continue to put out good product. If you look at teams that have dominant players (Tee Higgins) it does not equal State Championships, especially at his position. As a coach you are human and not every decision works. But that has nothing to do with preparation or adjusting, sometimes it goes to the percentages just didn't work.  Sports nothing is 100%. Despite your preparation and thought that time it didn't work.  Living in Florida and Texas I got to see some outstanding players, week in week out.  I seen the teams with a Tee Higgins and a Jordan Graham (at about 6' 190). But the teams that win in that offense (which if line strength and size seems to be a problem is not a bad offense{block less}) it's about the smoke and mirrors. Higgins and Graham are fun to watch but offensively what makes the offense work is see one thing and get another. I think if the other players roles were bigger Oak Ridge finish regular season undefeated. Playoffs always a question.  Once again offensively (which most fans focus on) Oak Ridge still was pretty good. But compared to last couple of years, OR defense wasn't as talented. I only got to see 4 games this year and 3 were on TV. But hopefully you don't get my opinions as bashing coaches.  I would never do that. My brother and father made careers of coaching and I know every coach gives more for less. JMO 

God forbid someone question a coach. I think he just did without even knowing. Lack of strength is direct reflection of coaching. You either demand excellence in all facets or you pick and choose and then bow out early, often.

I question things that our coaches do on a regular basis...I'm a fan and we all do that. I just do my questioning from the stands rather than in print like you, SS, bounder, and the rest. You all do it on here so everyone can see how brilliant you think you all are or in your case, in an obvious effort to hurt the program. I have an idea, assuming you're a Fulton fan as it appears, why don't you go complain to Gaddis directly and let him throw you out of his office? If I went to Fulton's coach's office and complained about anything, I would hope he would throw me out.

I question things that our coaches do on a regular basis...I'm a fan and we all do that. I just do my questioning from the stands rather than in print like you, SS, bounder, and the rest. You all do it on here so everyone can see how brilliant you think you all are or in your case, in an obvious effort to hurt the program. I have an idea, assuming you're a Fulton fan as it appears, why don't you go complain to Gaddis directly and let him throw you out of his office? If I went to Fulton's coach's office and complained about anything, I would hope he would throw me out.

What's the difference?? In the stands or in "print"?? You do exactly what everyone you speak of does. Believe it or not, you hurt the team just as much as anyone else does by your actions. Believe what you wanna believe Hoss!

What's the difference?? In the stands or in "print"?? You do exactly what everyone you speak of does. Believe it or not, you hurt the team just as much as anyone else does by your actions. Believe what you wanna believe Hoss!

You don't know me well enough to call me "Hoss"! Lol...your brilliance is overwhelming.

• 2 weeks later...

Fulton has done a great job too.  Most coaches understand that criticism comes with the territory. Sadly they can't critique our us on our jobs.  I would love to be in the workplace with bloggers and sit and watch a coaching staff critique us. Well I'm retired now but if they were to sit with honey bunch (wife),  I'm sure she can give them plenty of info to complain about my job as a stay at home husband. lol.  But we know they can't. Many high school coaches are paid very little but give a whole lot. Rides home, meals, listening ear, a dollar here and there and loving heart. Not to mention a whole lot of time. It's a lot easier to be in the chair after the play or the game than  while it is going on. But it is fun to type my opinion and see if it sticks.  By the way Fulton will be very good in 5A.  Skills are probably the top in 5A.

Edited by GIJoe