5A 2017 rankings

32hammer

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls and OR do not belong in this all too early preseason poll. Not sure Fulton is in this either. Not yet anyways. How someone leaves Henry County out of a 5A poll makes zero sense. To each his own tho.

I agree with Catholic on top although they shouldn't even be allowed to play in the public school division. They should win 5A every year. Fulton will beat Rhea County every time they play so I would have Fulton at #2. I would have Henry County and Hillsboro in the top 5. I would have OR in the top 10 and ahead of Halls for sure. South Doyle and Central should be in the top 7 based on last year.

Sorry Mr. Corso, but OR has had the talent the last 2 years and should have been playing in Cookeville. Instead, the staff found a way to screw that up. I expect nothing less this year.

The OR that I've watched for the last two years have not had the linemen to compete for a state title...just because you have "FULTON" beside your name doesn't make you an expert. With comments like yours, I doubt you know much football anyway. You don't like their coaches, I get that, but that shouldn't give you a license to make a fool of yourself. Central should've won a title this year. They had a heck of a line, a top notch defense, a powerful running game....but somehow found a way to blow it.

As far as ET teams Rhea Co always tough .. system is tough to defend  .. Catholic, Fulton and Central have question to be answered .. I think Oak Ridge would be above Central ( Central lost alot of talent 2 good linemen, QB, Tough RB, 2 WR's ) .. they still have some talent but those 6 players carried them alot, Fulton looses 2 great players in Mobley and Dobson and most important all their linemen .. so depends on whether there are any OL/ DL walking the halls in the  school who didnt play football and what can they get out of them  .. right now not very many options maybe a couple .. and Knox Cath .. there were some kids that were on work program for tuition .. how do they keep them there .. not SUPPOSED to be any kind of aid supplied and there were a few that they had to have assistance to attend  and thye are some of their best players .. plus to boot they loose Rogers, Keurchen, Wood  and the QB a few others .. they have alot of big OL and DL returning so would look for them to try to pound the rock or they should. 

Catholic didn't have that many receiving tuition assistance via a work program despite the perception. Everyone acts like half the team was getting financial aid. I don't think we'll lose many of those that were eligible.