5A 2017 rankings

32hammer

As far as Rhea County goes...  this is going to one TOUGH season!  This years schedule is harder than it has ever been.  We hope to make a strong run, but according to others on this board, we don't have any linemen, athletes or team depth... Good!!!  Some think we should be #2, sounds like we shouldn't even be in the top 10.  Honestly, we could go 4-6 in the regular season and still win the gold ball!!!  Love High School Football!!!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ready for Spring practice. 5A was tough for me to do because of all the classification movement. Here is my best shot right now

1. Catholic

2. Rhea County

3. Fulton

4. Hillsboro

5. Central

6. Beech

7. Oak Ridge

8. Halls

9. South Doyle

10. Page

Thoughts?

I'm a Catholic fan and supporter but I'm not sure about the Irish being number 1. They lost a lot of players to graduation and the schedule is brutal. With that said a lot of the returning players saw plenty of playing time and their offensive line is extremely talented. I agree with TadVol (probably my first and last time lol) about the Irish running the ball. Edited by QSouth89

I'm a Catholic fan and supporter but I'm not sure about the Irish being number 1. They lost a lot of players to graduation and the schedule is brutal. With that said a lot of the returning players saw plenty of playing time and their offensive line is extremely talented. I agree with TadVol (probably my first and last time lol) about the Irish running the ball.

The only two teams I see on your schedule who should ever challenge you are Maryville and BA. Catholic had the best team I saw last year and normally has the best collection of players on any team I see. This coming season will be no different. As long as Catholic is in the public school division, they should win it all...they may not, but they should. I only see eight games listed on your schedule...have you picked up two more games?

As far as Rhea County goes...  this is going to one TOUGH season!  This years schedule is harder than it has ever been.  We hope to make a strong run, but according to others on this board, we don't have any linemen, athletes or team depth... Good!!!  Some think we should be #2, sounds like we shouldn't even be in the top 10.  Honestly, we could go 4-6 in the regular season and still win the gold ball!!!  Love High School Football!!!

I see five teams on your schedule who can possibly beat you but I doubt many of them will. Marion County is always good but they're not in your league and should rarely be competitive with you. But your schedule is a tough one for sure.

The only two teams I see on your schedule who should ever challenge you are Maryville and BA. Catholic had the best team I saw last year and normally has the best collection of players on any team I see. This coming season will be no different. As long as Catholic is in the public school division, they should win it all...they may not, but they should. I only see eight games listed on your schedule...have you picked up two more games?

Team From Georgia is pretty tough and I think they added Baylor from Chattanooga.

I'm a Catholic fan and supporter but I'm not sure about the Irish being number 1. They lost a lot of players to graduation and the schedule is brutal. With that said a lot of the returning players saw plenty of playing time and their offensive line is extremely talented. I agree with TadVol (probably my first and last time lol) about the Irish running the ball.

LOL .. hey Q ... or should I says QLOU ..LOL .. you know KC is loaded  ... as far as agreeing with me .. Im pretty smart ..LOL .. but considering the OL you guys have and the loss of the Cunningham, Rogers and Keurchen .. Im not saying the backup QB cant throw it or if the kids that played last year at WR are still going there after the rule change then the passing game could still be good .. but if were Matthews id pound the rock and run clock .... tic tic tic tic  

I'm a HVA fan NOW since I've been back to East Tennessee. But I started out an Oak Ridge fan when I first moved here in the 70s that is why I have interest in the program.  I hate to tell you but your staff isn't as bad as you think. They took a very average team with a couple of game breakers and were state contenders.  Watching the Farragut game (State Champions) I still think Oak Ridge would beat them if they played again.  I think Bounder is slightly right.  Oak Ridge sometimes forced the ball to Tee and when in trouble looked for Tee or Graham to bail you out.  I think if their offense used others more it would forced teams to play a little more even.  To me Graham is more dangerous between the tackles (can't see him til he gets to LBs and even then he's so tough to get down..i.e. the Sevier County game 2015 and Dobyns Bennett 2016, Farragut 2016) Those games were on TV and the big runs he had came between the tackle and looked as if he was wrapped up then bang gone. This years defense wasn't as good as years past.  I still think two things happened.  The players thought they were better than they were after starting the season 7-0 #1 in the state. (*Remember the beginning of the season a lot of you thought they would go 6-4 and lose 2 or 3 early). Secondly they drew a team that strengths offensively played against Oak Ridge defense weaknesses. A bad draw, just like I think if Rhea County played this Oak Ridge team it would have been a bad draw for Rhea County. Oak Ridge got up and then got cute is what I hear. That IS on the coaches. But they have to get credit for taking an average team and contending. Look at the record of these seniors in middle school. If they were undefeated then you can say that they were hurt by coaching.  Oak Ridge did win their region didn't they. (I'm sure I'm right) 

I'm a HVA fan NOW since I've been back to East Tennessee. But I started out an Oak Ridge fan when I first moved here in the 70s that is why I have interest in the program. I hate to tell you but your staff isn't as bad as you think. They took a very average team with a couple of game breakers and were state contenders. Watching the Farragut game (State Champions) I still think Oak Ridge would beat them if they played again. I think Bounder is slightly right. Oak Ridge sometimes forced the ball to Tee and when in trouble looked for Tee or Graham to bail you out. I think if their offense used others more it would forced teams to play a little more even. To me Graham is more dangerous between the tackles (can't see him til he gets to LBs and even then he's so tough to get down..i.e. the Sevier County game 2015 and Dobyns Bennett 2016, Farragut 2016) Those games were on TV and the big runs he had came between the tackle and looked as if he was wrapped up then bang gone. This years defense wasn't as good as years past. I still think two things happened. The players thought they were better than they were after starting the season 7-0 #1 in the state. (*Remember the beginning of the season a lot of you thought they would go 6-4 and lose 2 or 3 early). Secondly they drew a team that strengths offensively played against Oak Ridge defense weaknesses. A bad draw, just like I think if Rhea County played this Oak Ridge team it would have been a bad draw for Rhea County. Oak Ridge got up and then got cute is what I hear. That IS on the coaches. But they have to get credit for taking an average team and contending. Look at the record of these seniors in middle school. If they were undefeated then you can say that they were hurt by coaching. Oak Ridge did win their region didn't they. (I'm sure I'm right)

Yes! Kids play for Region Championships! Some even get rings for them. Must be a county thing.

I'm a HVA fan NOW since I've been back to East Tennessee. But I started out an Oak Ridge fan when I first moved here in the 70s that is why I have interest in the program.  I hate to tell you but your staff isn't as bad as you think. They took a very average team with a couple of game breakers and were state contenders.  Watching the Farragut game (State Champions) I still think Oak Ridge would beat them if they played again.  I think Bounder is slightly right.  Oak Ridge sometimes forced the ball to Tee and when in trouble looked for Tee or Graham to bail you out.  I think if their offense used others more it would forced teams to play a little more even.  To me Graham is more dangerous between the tackles (can't see him til he gets to LBs and even then he's so tough to get down..i.e. the Sevier County game 2015 and Dobyns Bennett 2016, Farragut 2016) Those games were on TV and the big runs he had came between the tackle and looked as if he was wrapped up then bang gone. This years defense wasn't as good as years past.  I still think two things happened.  The players thought they were better than they were after starting the season 7-0 #1 in the state. (*Remember the beginning of the season a lot of you thought they would go 6-4 and lose 2 or 3 early). Secondly they drew a team that strengths offensively played against Oak Ridge defense weaknesses. A bad draw, just like I think if Rhea County played this Oak Ridge team it would have been a bad draw for Rhea County. Oak Ridge got up and then got cute is what I hear. That IS on the coaches. But they have to get credit for taking an average team and contending. Look at the record of these seniors in middle school. If they were undefeated then you can say that they were hurt by coaching.  Oak Ridge did win their region didn't they. (I'm sure I'm right)

FINALLY a voice of reason...except for your middle school analogy. I find no relationship in middle school football success or freshmen success for that matter...and varsity success. Don't bother trying to make a point to KnoxVil...he's blinded by his dislike for the OR coaches. Interesting that he's so interested in OR. I can't even tell you who the Fulton coach is, nor do I care. I can't name a coach on any team that we play other than the new one at Clinton and the Farragut coach. And I sure don't care what any of them do. Makes one wonder about KnoxVil and if he's really what he wants us to think he is!