Region 7A (Toughest Region in State?)

SuperFan14A

Your exactly right. Huntingdon was on a bigger stage than their accustomed and didn't handle it well, but they will be back. This was probably one of the weaker A state tournaments I have seen. Clarkrange got a good draw and was not as impressive as some of the other teams I have seen. West TN is filled with young talent and to say that it is not is off base and very inaccurate.

Edited by pioneer42

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No they don't. Not D1 players. GCPioneer is right on this topic. West TN ball is competitive amongst themselves, but behind other areas of the state. To many kids playing every sport possible. GC is way down compared to the "Butler" years, will have even more trouble next year with the loss of Smithson and White. Will still be able to compete with teams in West TN, but not on the same level of playing ability or athleticism as other teams and other areas of TN. Moore and Darby are legit D1 players, even scarier that they will only be soph next yr, but they take advantage of playing real AAU ball and working out year round. Mayberry from Peabody maybe D1, shows flashes at times, can defend, shoot, drive, score and handle ball. Huge difference for a player to be a D1 kid though, gotta have that extra something. It is a year round attitude/work ethic they have to have.

I think you're right. I do believe that the competition as a whole in West Tennessee is down a little compared to the state. Westview has been the most consistent team for years now, and they have done their due diligence in sending players to colleges. North Side was that way as well when they had Sha Brooks, Gwen Delk, and LaVanda Ross as they all went to Murfreesboro year in and year out, and went to the next level and play.  

Where's Obion Central? Are they down a little compared to their 2012 days?

North Side can't find any talent to be competitive in games, and they have a below-average coach.

All the schools south of I-40 aren't really state tournament worthy teams. Bolivar is down, Lexington is consistent but couldn't find ways to get to Murfreesboro. South Side is on the rise.

Dyersburg and Dyer County did send a team to state. 

Just seems like you got to have a legitimate D1 player in order to win state.

I don't know think Obion Central went to state while they had Chassidy Fussell, Milan didn't go with Chantel Poston, but North Side did go to state with Sha Brooks.

Speaking of those three ladies, we haven't had a player that went to a Big Ten, Big 12, or SEC school in West Tennessee for a while.

I think you're right. I do believe that the competition as a whole in West Tennessee is down a little compared to the state. Westview has been the most consistent team for years now, and they have done their due diligence in sending players to colleges. North Side was that way as well when they had Sha Brooks, Gwen Delk, and LaVanda Ross as they all went to Murfreesboro year in and year out, and went to the next level and play.

Where's Obion Central? Are they down a little compared to their 2012 days?

North Side can't find any talent to be competitive in games, and they have a below-average coach.

All the schools south of I-40 aren't really state tournament worthy teams. Bolivar is down, Lexington is consistent but couldn't find ways to get to Murfreesboro. South Side is on the rise.

Dyersburg and Dyer County did send a team to state.

Just seems like you got to have a legitimate D1 player in order to win state.

I don't know think Obion Central went to state while they had Chassidy Fussell, Milan didn't go with Chantel Poston, but North Side did go to state with Sha Brooks.

Speaking of those three ladies, we haven't had a player that went to a Big Ten, Big 12, or SEC school in West Tennessee for a while.

2008 Milan and Poston were runner up at state.

Superfan14A, you were quick to pound me for my opinion, now I wonder if you will respond. Just because I voiced my opinion on our region didn't mean I was pulling against us. I support all our local teams but I will call a spade a spade when I give my opinion. I'm not a homer.

Great season Dresden and Huntingdon, you represented us well.

lol.. GFFan I didn't "pound" you. Sorry I've missed all the back and forth, I didn't take my computer to State. Huntingdon looked a little shell shocked, but Dresden just couldn't stop the 3 ball in the first half. I'll always pull for our little area of the State, but no one was beating S. Greene up there this year. Congrats to Dresden and Huntingdon on a great season. 

Did you know Butler was a D 1 player after her freshman year? I didn't. Breana Fields rarely seen the floor her freshman year. Did you know she was a D 1 player? Did you know the Ready kid or Heather Griffin at GC were D 1 players their freshman year? I didn't. Just saying. Yeah Chloe Moore and Tess Darby are two great players that have developed earlier than most through hard work and athleticism. Michael Jordan got cut his sophomore year of high school. So to just say you guys already know what is going to happen to these freshman players in the next 1-3 years is just an opinion.

I agree pioneer42. Greenfield has the potential and should go to Murfreesboro next year and be competitive. It's hard not to be nervous on that floor with the atmosphere and the big gym on your first visit in years. Then the next two years if everyone keeps working hard the sky is the limit. Greenfield should be the team to beat and region 7A is back on top.

I agree pioneer42. Greenfield has the potential and should go to Murfreesboro next year and be competitive. It's hard not to be nervous on that floor with the atmosphere and the big gym on your first visit in years. Then the next two years if everyone keeps working hard the sky is the limit. Greenfield should be the team to beat and region 7A is back on top.

Greenfield will be tough no doubt. Moore is another Heather Butler if not better. I heard Huntingdon will not be in our region next year and moved to Summertown's region. Is that true? GC and Greenfiield will both have tough districts next year and it looks like it did in years past where the winners of 7 A will face Memphis teams in substates.

Greenfield will be tough no doubt. Moore is another Heather Butler if not better. I heard Huntingdon will not be in our region next year and moved to Summertown's region. Is that true? GC and Greenfiield will both have tough districts next year and it looks like it did in years past where the winners of 7 A will face Memphis teams in substates.

Huntingdon is moving into District 11. It doesnt look to be super tough, however Summertown and Perry County will both be in their Region. Region 7A will be a tough one, however since Memphis will now comprise its own Region, Region 7A has a great chance to get 2 teams to the Boro every year.

Edited by burnalittle

Huntingdon is moving into District 11. It doesnt look to be super tough, however Summertown and Perry County will both be in their Region. Region 7A will be a tough one, however since Memphis will now comprise its own Region, Region 7A has a great chance to get 2 teams to the Boro every year.

Yeah already looking forward to next year and the new challenges of a new district. Look forward to some great games with TCA and Middleton. Humboldt and Peabody will be tough as well, but to play Middleton and TCA twice each a year should be interesting.