Region 7A (Toughest Region in State?)

SuperFan14A

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well we know Huskervol is from Gleason and betting with the heart.  I think it is Huntingdon v Dresden in the finals.  I have seen union city play 7 tor 8 times and huntingdon as well.  I don't see them beating huntingdon unless every shot they take goes in.  They will be at a significant rebounding disadvantage.  Huntingdon does not like to be pressed, but they will score if they break it.  Keith and Belew prove to be way too much for UC.  The game of Thursday is Dresden v Gibson County.  I think the winner of this game makes the finals and faces huntingdon.

Props to the Dresden Lady Lions. Dresden 54 Gibson County 38. I heard Huntingdon was winning with a comfortable margin. Peabody won fairly big and Greenfield won easily. 

Dresden v. Greenfield

Huntingdon v. Peabody

Hope the big girl from Dresden is ok. Maybe just a rolled ankle, but hate to see a pivotal player go down late in a game. 

I should of bet some money, I got all the games right! lol. Idk about the other games heard Greenfield's game wasn't close nor GC vs. Dresden but Gleason vs. Peabody was a heck of a game. Peabody finally took control down the stretch in the 4th quarter. Peabody's defense proved to be the difference. I think they can get after Huntingdon and force them to turn it over. Should be 2 good games tomorrow in the Region Semi-Finals. I've got Dresden and Peabody winning and playing for the region championship. Good luck to all.

Bethel College Saturday Night! Should be two pretty good games. Based upon what I saw and what I've heard...I'm going with Dresden over Greenfield and Peabody over Huntingdon. Should be two classics.

Just curious as to what you've seen and heard to make you select Dresden & Peabody ? Greenfield/Dresden split their season series and Huntingdon only has 3 losses on the year compared to Peabody's 10 losses. Just asking, no drama intended.

Just curious as to what you've seen and heard to make you select Dresden & Peabody ? Greenfield/Dresden split their season series and Huntingdon only has 3 losses on the year compared to Peabody's 10 losses. Just asking, no drama intended.

Not sure what super saw or heard but I will tell you my opinion why he may not be far off. I have seen Huntingdon play several times and despite having great bigs, their guards arent dominant and when pressed tend to make mistakes. That is Peabody's game, to press and create chaos. Top to bottom Huntingdon is better, but Peabody has a great shot to win. Greenfield and Dresden split each winning on their home courts. In the post season, winning is all about the guards. Both teams have great guards in Moore and Bryant but experience is always a plus. Greenfield has the best freshmen combo in single A ball. As long as they forget they are freshmen, they will be fine but they have ZERO depth. Any foul trouble on the freshmen and it could spell trouble I always go with the upperclassman when it comes to guard matchups, so I give Dresden the slight advantage. Those are just my opinions. All four teams are outstanding and all four have great chances to win.

Edited by BullShark

Peabody under performed the 1st half of the season, and on a neutral court I believe Peabody would've beat Greenfield in the District Championship. They are playing at a high level now and seem to have it together. I believe the P guards and pressure will cause problems for the Huntingdon back court.  I think Dresden will win because of depth and experience. I think the Greenfield PG is the best PG in our District/Region. Like I've said from the beginning though, 6 teams could have won this tournament when it began. These 4 have made it to this point and whoever plays better tonight will move on and the other 2 will go home. Should be 2 good games at Bethel. 

Huntingdon played well and Peabody couldn't get it going. The Huntingdon guards played well and the bigs were too much for Peabody. Mayberry couldn't get in rhythm and Peabody missed several FTs. Huntingdon played solid all the way around and I believe they'll be hosting sub-state. 

Dresden's depth and experience played out like I thought it would. Darby had no free movement tonight and Moore didn't have much free space all night. The 4th quarter, Dresden still looked fresh and seem to get calmer as the game went on. Greenfield gave them a fight though and those young girls have bright futures ahead. 

All 13A final. That hasn't happened much in the past few years, but they were the best teams this tournament. I'll pull for our Region come sub-state. 

I have Huntingdon and Dresden going to the Boro. I have Huntingdon beating Dresden in the region finals. I just don't think the other side is battle tested enough. Dresden showed me something the way they have shut down Justyce White, Allie Smithson, Tess Darby and Chloe Moore. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Huntingdon won the state. They are playing with a ton of confidence right now.