2017 Mock Grand Championships

Bump11

So i had a thought...everyone always brings up wanting a way to have 1 true state champion. What ive done is set up 14 mock tournaments, with all 18 medalists at each weight. Each is seeded by place, then skill. Which means the A/AA champ is seeded higher than the AAA or D2 runner up. In each matchup the winner is decided by voting. So you the people, can, and should, go vote for each matchup and who you think should win and eventually be top 4 at each weight. I will post round by round updates as voting finishes. So please take a minute and go vote. Im really interested and excited to see how this turns out.

To vote for each bracket, go to challonge.com / TN and the weight. For example, 106 is challonge.com/TN106, and so on and so forth. Everyone always debates a grand championship so please take a second to vote and lets have some fun with it shall we!

Edited by Bump11

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why have a mock Grand Championship or for that matter a true Grand Championship?  Most all other states that have tried to have some type of grand championship between all state champions have found that it was not successful.  In most instances several of the better wrestlers elected not to participate in the event for various reasons.  With the National Prep School Tournament the week after the TSSAA State Championships you would find that a high percentage of the better D2 wrestlers would elect to  attend that event rather than some type of state grand championship.  Let's be honest would you rather compete in a national tournament at Lehigh University to gain exposure on go wrestle against some kid from Tennessee?  Another issue that is much more real is that the D2 schools were forced in another division because they are inferior to the kids in D1.  What other reason is there for the D2 schools to be treated as if they are second class citizens, placed in a division with only private schools and then told most every day on this board that the D1 teams, it's wrestlers and coaches are superior to the D2 teams, wrestlers and coaches?  Everyone knows that if the D2 kids were any good at all Tennessee would still have a combined individual state wrestling championship because everyone welcomes and wants the very best competition. 

Edited by cbg

So i had a thought...everyone always brings up wanting a way to have 1 true state champion. What ive done is set up 14 mock tournaments, with all 18 medalists at each weight. Each is seeded by place, then skill. Which means the A/AA champ is seeded higher than the AAA or D2 runner up. In each matchup the winner is decided by voting. So you the people, can, and should, go vote for each matchup and who you think should win and eventually be top 4 at each weight. I will post round by round updates as voting finishes. So please take a minute and go vote. Im really interested and excited to see how this turns out.

To vote for each bracket, go to challonge.com / TN and the weight. For example, 106 is challonge.com/TN106, and so on and so forth. Everyone always debates a grand championship so please take a second to vote and lets have some fun with it shall we!

Bump this is really cool. Thanks for putting this together. I voted on the first round. How can I vote on the rest of the rounds? Do I have to wait till you release it or am I missing something?

Why have a mock Grand Championship or for that matter a true Grand Championship? Most all other states that have tried to have some type of grand championship between all state champions have found that it was not successful. In most instances several of the better wrestlers elected not to participate in the event for various reasons. With the National Prep School Tournament the week after the TSSAA State Championships you would find that a high percentage of the better D2 wrestlers would elect to attend that event rather than some type of state grand championship. Let's be honest would you rather compete in a national tournament at Lehigh University to gain exposure on go wrestle against some kid from Tennessee? Another issue that is much more real is that the D2 schools were forced in another division because they are inferior to the kids in D1. What other reason is there for the D2 schools to be treated as if they are second class citizens, placed in a division with only private schools and then told most every day on this board that the D1 teams, it's wrestlers and coaches are superior to the D2 teams, wrestlers and coaches? Everyone knows that if the D2 kids were any good at all Tennessee would still have a combined individual state wrestling championship because everyone welcomes and wants the very best competition.

if you don't want to participate then dont. I thought this would be a fun way to put the debates to rest. Let the people choose the true best. Just chill out and have some fun with it. But nobody said you had to participate

if you don't want to participate then dont. I thought this would be a fun way to put the debates to rest. Let the people choose the true best. Just chill out and have some fun with it. But nobody said you had to participate

Don't get your DEPENDS in a wad!  Like I said why would you include D2 when everyone knows they are not good enough to compete with the D1 kids?  Why not just have a match between the D1 A-AA and the D1 AAA state champions?  The D2 state champions would probably be lucky to beat the TSSAA Girls Division State Champions. lol

Don't get your DEPENDS in a wad! Like I said why would you include D2 when everyone knows they are not good enough to compete with the D1 kids? Why not just have a match between the D1 A-AA and the D1 AAA state champions? The D2 state champions would probably be lucky to beat the TSSAA Girls Division State Champions. lol

There's only 2 matches I would ever want to see between all the divisions. That's Evans vs Boykin and Fuller vs King. Fuller vs King more than anything. Don't care bout the hear say that goes on while practicing. I'd pay Double to see that match.