2017 Mock Grand Championships

Bump11

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come the finals for each divison are being wrested in the semis of this grand championship instead of the d2 runner up wrestling d1 champ

I thought that too. It looked like the small school state champs in a lot of weight classes were way overseeded. For example, at 152, Reiniche and Dendy are the best two in my opinion out of all divisions at that weight. They are meeting in the semis, because Williams was seeded higher than Reiniche. At 113, Gross was beat in season by the AAA 6th place finisher Decarlos Allen, but Gross got the higher seed over every AAA placer besides Hicks. I think Bump just seeded them based off of where they placed, so the 3 state champs are automatically the top 3 seeds. Even though the 3 state champs probably are not the 3 best at a lot of weights, I wasn't too worried about it. It's just a fun little game for us to make our guesses. Thanks for taking the time to set this up Bump.

Edited by hawks11

I thought that too. It looked like the small school state champs in a lot of weight classes were way overseeded. For example, at 152, Reiniche and Dendy are the best two in my opinion out of all divisions at that weight. They are meeting in the semis, because Williams was seeded higher than Reiniche. At 113, Gross was beat in season by the AAA 6th place finisher Decarlos Allen, but Gross got the higher seed over every AAA placer besides Hicks. I think Bump just seeded them based off of where they placed, so the 3 state champs are automatically the top 3 seeds. Even though the 3 state champs probably are not the 3 best at a lot of weights, I wasn't too worried about it. It's just a fun little game for us to make our guesses. Thanks for taking the time to set this up Bump.

you are correct. I made the 3 state champs the top 3 seeds. Then runner ups next and so on. Im also open to a better seeding this was just the easiest way and it insured each state champ was given the best opportunity. I agree on a few being a bit whack due to this. I dont know enough about A/AA to seed them properly based on skill but im 100% open to redoing it if someone will help me to better seed everyone. Then ill just start at 12 instead of 18 Edited by Bump11

I wouldn't change a thing unless you really wanted to. It might matter more if it was an actual tournament that was going to be wrestled. I was just trying to explain how I was thinking it was seeded. The one somewhat easy thing that could possibly be done is to seed the state placers like the TSSAA seeds the region placers. For example, AAA 1st, 4th, and 5th placers are on one side, and then the AAA 2nd, 3rd, and 6th placers are on the other side. That would guarantee that the finalists from one division are on opposite sides of the bracket. It would take a lot longer to look at head to head results from all 3 divisions. I've just been having fun with it. Thanks again for taking the time to set all of that up.

I wouldn't change a thing unless you really wanted to. It might matter more if it was an actual tournament that was going to be wrestled. I was just trying to explain how I was thinking it was seeded. The one somewhat easy thing that could possibly be done is to seed the state placers like the TSSAA seeds the region placers. For example, AAA 1st, 4th, and 5th placers are on one side, and then the AAA 2nd, 3rd, and 6th placers are on the other side. That would guarantee that the finalists from one division are on opposite sides of the bracket. It would take a lot longer to look at head to head results from all 3 divisions. I've just been having fun with it. Thanks again for taking the time to set all of that up.

yeah i hear ya. Makes sense. I didnt think of that. Can always redo it after. Thats all it was meant for, just something to have fun with. And yeah no problem. Might start a tradition and do it more often. Will have to get a better way to seed though Edited by Bump11